SSD question

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by LeanWolf, Oct 25, 2011.

1. LeanWolf

LeanWolf alpha male

Not likely then, as the problem was there with another PSU before I upgraded.. still I'll try it when I get around to opening her up.

Makes sense, thanks.

Probably, it was more of a side question I was curious about.

The MB only has 2 available BIOS, and the update is only a minor usb mouse fix, and I've tried both. Checking Corsair I see a firmware update has just been released, no changelog though.. I'll see how that goes..

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

I would assume if there is update in firmware there might be the fix fro your issues. As Math said Intel's own drivers are far better for the ICH10 controller. :)

3. LeanWolf

LeanWolf alpha male

Well the new firmware didn't do it, but I managed to find something that fixed it! In bios each HDD has the option to enable staggered spinup, enabling this for the SSD (which doesn't spin but whatever) seems to have solved it. Yay.

I have another noob question though: the very first thing that appears on my post screen is "Error: HECI protocol not found!".

Having googled about it seems that all newer intel processors come with some kind of inbuilt remote access technology that requires so called 'management engine' drivers. Do you guys know anything about this? I had installed the driver but the error didn't go away and so I uninstalled them because I don't want yet another way to remote access my pc anyway.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

yes... the intel management engine interface drivers and such SHOULD automatically download from windows update and install, however if they do not.... it's best to go get them from intels download center.

it's a bit of annoying app/system if you have no use for it.