Stalker Beta Discussion!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Brutality

Brutality Active Member

Sweet. After few days apart from STALKER and then playing it again, I realised, what's the real purpose of the game. It's more like tactical cover-to-cover-hold-your-head-down-shoot-and-and-cover type of game. I really liked this after I got into a decent server which was running decent game mode. Deathmatch just sucked but Team Deathmatch and Artifact Hunt were brilliant. I managed to get my game running good aswell. 60 FPS and not a drop to a lower lvl with medium/high settings. I just had to get Catalyst 7.2. Anyways, i'm taking back all my badmouthing I did before and I really like STALKER now :)

Btw, C&C3 Demo is out!!! IT FUCKING OWNS!!!!

2. jasonbourne

jasonbourne New Member

so is there really a new one ?? or is the same that regenarator posted in this thread somewhere??

3. Grislum

Grislum New Member

I have SO many problems with this Beta. I can't play more than 10 min, then the game crashes with a "Fatal Error" window and if I'm lucky and the game don't crashes, then it cuts off my internet connection. My router restarts and my game is lost.
    This really annoying. I'm glad this is a beta.

But I have managed to play a little longer without problems and I see that this really is a good game. Wonderful graphic, maps and so on. I like it all. It's just very, very annoying that it is so unstable. But as I said - I'm glad this is a beta and I hope all this is fixed in the real version.

Sorry about my poor english :p

\Grislum

4. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I use fraps to display FPS. what I ment by not knowing exactly was that its not exactly consistent. The FPS is very effected by the number of players in a match. FPS is really all over the board, depending even on which part of a room or area you are in. (For instance, in the trainyard, if you are in the 'snipers' building, FPS take a huge hit if someone else is near you, but you don't see the performance hit if you are alone). Like I said, it has to do with the net code, as when I'm in a match alone, or on a LAN match, FPS is pretty standard around 45 fps.

you obnoxious jerk :p

5. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Yes there is. I have downloaded it and ins talled it. Didn't got the time to test it out....

6. Grislum

Grislum New Member

Then post a link to the new client(s)? thx :)

7. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Sorry I'm not home right now...
    Could some one who has the e-mail put the link here?

8. Dragunov

Dragunov New Member

I received one of the keys, so I got the download

I installed it, I need to enter the other key, so: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx, but when I enter my key it says it's invalid :eek:

possible reason?

thx

9. Vikingod

Press return after you enter it :)

10. OpusP.Gladiator

OpusP.Gladiator '42'

check that your firewall has allowed it and make sure you press the enter key after entering it... this saves it then hit join..?

11. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I got that because I didn't right the key in the same exact way... Make sure you write in capitals and all!

Or actually, I guess I just wrote it correctly the second time :p And yeah, as Viking said, press enter :p

12. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

If any of you are not sure if you have the latest build do this:

Start the game, go to Options, highlight GAME, and then click on Check for Updates.

Other than that, does anyone know how to check which build we do have? I've been trying to locate that little bit of information.

13. Vikingod

14. Dragunov

Dragunov New Member

fixed, read it on the official forum, but thx anyway :)

15. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Not all fairies are nice.

Well. I finally got a chance to dl & play this last night. After a bit of trouble figuring out what the CD key was (I kept trying to use the key that Zardon gave me. Doh...) the game installed & ran pretty well. I cranked up all the settings & things looked very nice. Moved cleanly and I didn't have any problems other than the fact that I suck at FPS's. I only got to play one setting so I want to check out more later on but the one I played was great, I love being able to go pretty much everywhere. Lots of places to hide & climb. The weapons & item options look great - specially if they expand before release. One comment soemone made previously that I REALLY want to second is that they need to do something so that ammo is more clearly matchable with the various weapons. I spent WAY too much time trying to figure out which box of shells to buy to go with the various weapons I was purchasing.

I would never pick this game up for it's multi player aspect. I just suck at FPS too much. I would however buy this at some point if the solo game was really well done with say a 40 hour game play expectancy. I love what of the setting and concept I've seen.

I had no problems with install, graphics, game play (see above sucking reference) or general enjoyment.

Thanks DH for yet more free goodness!

16. Dyre Straits

Anyone interested in seeing a movie? I did a little experiment last night. I chose a server without anyone else just so I could get some video of the environments. I was just fooling around a bit but thought maybe a few of you would be interested in seeing how it looks and plays. I'm using ATT to show FPS in the upper right corner.

In order to get the entire screen on the video, I had to use 1024x768 as I'm using two computers and capturing using the TV OUT option of the game system.

Dyre's STALKER Movie

Have fun.

17. $tr4ngeBrew

$tr4ngeBrew New Member

Those framerates on 1024... I can count on even less fps with my 7800GTX though so I will getting an 8800GTS very soon hopefully. Decided on that today...

Were you running on absolute maxed out settings there?

Thanks for doing that for us by the way! :)

18. Dyre Straits

Here are pics of the exact settings I used:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm also not doing any overclocking whatsoever.

19. INSTG8R

INSTG8R New Member

Got an Email from FP the other day about it. only AFTER I D/L the later build did I see the update button until the 2nd one(tho I wouldnt trust it)

20. blown503

blown503 New Member

Stalker looks awesom in game. I hate the sound it makes when you walk. The walking sound is so cheesy, when you walk you kind of wobble like your a bobble head or something. Im sure we can make a better walking sound. Other than that it looks great.