Star Citizen discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by blibbax, Oct 14, 2012.

1. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Hi guys. I've not posted much recently, because I've been super-busy, but there is this one game that's got me really psyched. It's not out until Nov 2014 (predicted), but I've already pre-ordered (24 Euro option on their pledge site). It takes a lot to make me part with my cash, so here's what tickled my pickle:

(You really need to watch these in HD :p)

A lot of you know that I was a big WoW player, but I don't think I've ever talked much here about my brief love-affair with Freelancer. This game sounds like it might combine the best of those worlds with top-end graphics to boot. I'd love to know what others think.

Trusteft likes this.
  2. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Reaction A: Loving it, will definitely play this! Take my money now!
    Reaction B: Oh, 2014 or later. I can't "actively" wait for something that long so I'll just do a thumbs up and then forget about the thing until around say early 2014 if there is a beta coming by then. Glad they're doing well on funding.

Chris Roberts is a game developer that really understands what makes for good gameplay. I've played almost all of the games he's been making or producing.

3. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

I'm not sure that I'll "wait" for it, but I'll keep up on updates and post on the forums and stuff :p

I'm glad you also like the idea, though :)

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Well, I don't normally go for online games, but a space sim mmo without subscription and the name Chris Roberts...that's a solid combination. For me he is up there with the Sids of the gaming world. I can't afford to get what I want now, but hopefully by 2014 I will. :) Well, as always, if I am alive till then. :)

5. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Good news Trusteft - there will be an offline-playable single-player campaign :)

6. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

:) And the longer pitch-video is well worth watching. Take the element of immersion inside the cockpit for instance, once you've seen something like that in a game it's really going to be missed when you play something else that doesn't have it. A little goes a long way like for instance in a shooter you really should see your own legs if you're looking straight down. I just started playing a game that looks good enough but lacks immersive features and it's just immediately noticeable.

7. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

That's good news indeed. Thank you. :)

8. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I liked Freelancer but I'm not really into anything space themed nowadays, they just bore me for some reason.

9. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

That's because recent space-themed stuff has not been especially epic? :p

10. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

It's just something to do with the fighting in space with lasers and stuff, I just don't really like that kind of thing. Was never a fan of Star Trek or the original Star wars and other shows like that either. I'll watch certain space shows like the Alien movies, Prometheus, Lost in Space and the Star Wars remakes but I won't play a space themed game.

11. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

12. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

Liking this :)

13. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I've been out of the loop on this and busy with so many other games recently.

But, this definitely peaks my interest since I loved the Wing Commander/Freelancer games. And, I'm a "Lifer" on Star Trek Online. (They've done a really good job with STO, too, if I may say so.)

My older son really loved the Privateer game as well as the others I've already mentioned. So, we both may be interested in keeping up with the development of this game.

The funding concept is interesting, too.

But, late 2014 sounds way off in the future to me. A lot can happen between now and then.