Star Wars Galaxies

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Luck, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

Help with: Star Wars Galaxies

Has anyone played this? I heard there's a monthly fee to play, not only that, I heard you can play as Boba Fett?

I downloaded the demo, and I KHAAAAAAAAN believe how annoying it is to customize your keyboard settings.

Not only that, I can't seem to play as Boba Fett. Do you have to buy his armor or something?

*****Okay, this is an update. I'm lagging a lot in the game. I have updated video drivers and soundcard drivers.

I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, Audigy 2 Soundblaster, 512 Ram, 2.4 ghz Pentium 4 processor, XP Professional Edition, DX 9 b.

Anything else you need I'll give.

It lags a lot, especially when all I do is walk around. It's annoying, it lags even when I turn off the sound. I toned down the graphics, but that doesn't help either.

I'm currently using Omega Drivers.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2004
  2. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

uhhh ya, there is a monthly fee....you dont play as people from the star wars univers, its an rpg..you make your own character. i guess it is possible to get his armor though. i cant believe you havent heard of this before?

3. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

I know it's an RPG, but I figured you could pick to be a bounty hunter, and play as him. I saw screenshots of Boba Fett, so I figured there was some way to look like him. And is it just me, or is it laggy? Is it my graphics card? Can't be, it's a Radeon 9700 Pro.

4. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

it can be...if the network conditions arent too good....then if you use a slower video card or you have bad bottlenecks somewhere it can and willd drag your system...kind of like what people are seeing in joint operations with 64+ people.

5. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

But others' usually don't experience it. Not only that, but I'm running on a Radeon 9700 Pro. I'm hoping it's because my pc is on all the time, and needs to cool down.

6. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

I thought that by editing it, it would put it on the top of the forums, guess not.

Not sure if bumping is bad here, but I'm bumping this to save you guys from another thread.

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

.... Try doing a OMEGA Reinstall.... simply use Omega's shortcut to do it... On occation the driver may cause this lagging without reason

8. NaumoJR

NaumoJR Paranoid Android

It's a very memory intensive game. It even chugs on my system. :tears:

9. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

So add more ram?! Upgrade to 1gb?

10. SaberZ

SaberZ -Android Fanatic-

I've played SWG before on my Radeon 9500 Pro and it was very laggy, both graphically and latency wise. That was one of the reasons i couldnt stand the game, the other was the repitive and boring missions that were assigned, along with everyone and their mother killing you as soon as you choose a faction. Lots of hate for imp when your in Anchorhead :evil: Just to finish a mission in that town was in itself a life or death struggle lol.

11. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

What drivers were you using Omega or ATI's?

12. SaberZ

SaberZ -Android Fanatic-

at the time i was using Omega's, but only because my radeon was giving me issues in SOF2.