Star Wars - KoToR/PC = $19.99 @ CompUSA

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I picked this game up yesterday -- finally -- because the price was just irresistible.

So far, I've enjoyed it EXCEPT for the following:

Everytime I pass through a doorway into a different large area my character teleports clear across the open space and slams into the far wall across the way. This is happening at least 98% of the time unless I'm very, very, very careful not to hold the W key down for even longer than a split second when he reaches the doorway.

The only other thing (so far) is that it seems the trigger to use things like the elevators is very sensitive to the position of the character. I can actually pass this trigger and then maybe hit it if I try to go back through it. By this, I'm referring to the area that pops up a message that you are about to enter, say, the North Apartments, or some other such area. I can pass this area without actually going to the location indicated and go up against the locked doors. I can turn around and go back and 'maybe' it will then load the area indicated.

Anyone else have this on the PC version?

2. Ev!L-aLphA

Ev!L-aLphA | n f e c t e D

OMG WHERE HAVE U BEEN!!! I MISSED U!!!!:w00t:
    Any way is there a monthely payment??

Good to see u back bro

3. Dyre Straits

Good to see you, too!

Monthly payment for what? KoToR? No, it's not one of those. :)

4. NaumoJR

NaumoJR Paranoid Android

KOTOR is great... but Galaxies is better.:D

5. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

bah single player is over rated

6. Mabelrode

Mabelrode New Member

LOL - I hoping your kidding.

This was voted GOTY by a great number of magazines and websites. The dialogue and story reminds me of old school RPGs like Ultima 7 when games seemed to have more substance overall than now.

7. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

you have to click on the place you want to go...not just walk up to it. and you're using the keyboard to walk and rotate camera? it's alot easier and faster if you use the mouse...right click rotates the camera, holding down left click makes you walk...it's better than using w to walk and a and d to rotate camera

also, i never had any of the problems you are describing.

8. Dyre Straits

Almost all the problems I was having were fixed by installing the 1.03 Patch for the game...which I didn't have access to when I took it home to play the first night.

I'm actually enjoying it a LOT! I've made it into the sewers and rescued the Wookiee and have gone beyond that quite a ways. I'm now at the point of having to place a specially scented poison in order to get into the facility. (Those who've played know what I'm talking about. ;) )

This game could very easily be played with just a gamepad rather than keyboard and/or mouse.

And, yes, the dialogue and options are very interesting.

9. Markius

Markius New Member

glad your enjoying the game Dyre, its one of the best out there atm.:D

10. The_Neon_Cowboy

No please tell how many times you play a game that you’ve already beaten? I a few people like you that ply SP lot people that play it beat it move on to the next game. I don’t see you playing the same game over and over and over for mouths even years!

No please tell that can compete with a multiplayer game, updated year after year, new maps skins, mods, and game types etc...

You’re playing against real thinking people not some stupid bots moving on predictable AI on fixed paths.

A multiplayer gamer easily gets board with single player because there is no real challenge for the skilled player…

Multiplayer gamer VS single player gamer = Multiplayer gamer would lay waste to them.

11. Dyre Straits

Neon,

For me, it's not just the 'game' that matters. A LOT of my enjoyment -- or lack thereof -- depends on the STORY of the game. For that reason, I really enjoy a well-written SP game that has a good story base to it. In fact, I've spent a lot of 'all nighters' with a game simply because I couldn't pull myself away until I found out what happens in the story. And, many times, the story was the only reason I kept playing.

If there's no decent story, these SP games just don't cut it for me. The only way they get finished is if the gaming has some really cool features.

12. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

for RPGs, SP can be fine, a la the FF games and morrowind and KOTOR...FPS tho i usualy go for online play...which is why NEED TO go get joint operations! eb games was sold out :( :( im a hardcore online player, but SP still has its place

13. dipstick

dipstick New Member

This game is worth every penny. A steal @ $20

14. Dyre Straits

I'm beginning to realize just how much of a deal I got. I have one more duel -- to the death -- and then we're ready to start making plans to leave the planet. I have the exit codes and have met up with the guy who'll get us into Davik's facility.

I was telling my son where I am and he said I've barely scratched the surface of the game so far. ;)

15. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

yea...you aint there yet! believe it or not...the game gets much better...because i didnt find the part on taris anything special in RPG fair...so you'll like the rest alot! heres a tip: do EVERY side quest you can, and go EVERYWHERE! and your first destination after taris should be the space station around yavin.

16. Vengeance

Vengeance New Member

I paid $40 for it and still fell it was worth every penny. :D

And Neon I played it 3 times :)

17. Dyre Straits

Thanks for the tip.

I've taken your advice and set Yavin as my first destination. Before disembarking, however, I've discovered we had a stowaway. Finally got through that 'conversation' and will be ready to resume an exploration of the planet tonight sometime. :)

18. The_Neon_Cowboy

I'd take it for free :D

19. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

what WOODNT you take for free??...other then Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood

20. Dyre Straits

I meant to ask you, what do you like so much about Galaxies? I can get it for $19, too. :) (Maybe even less. ;) )