Stargate SG1 Cancelled!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Matt, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

I think someone said that 7 seasons is about right, to make a decent bundle for whole series re-runs. Maybe cancelling before it fades, and turning the attation to Atlantis, is the right move.

Maybe there are a couple of films left in the SG-1 franchise though, perhaps with scope for killing off one or more of the team (and no cheating by "ascending"), perhaps a final battle, with a superweapon that can only be defeated by crashing their damaged ship into it, the autopilot gone so someone has to stay heroically at the controls.

2. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this, I think Atlantis will be off the air in about a year. The reason being if you follow the shows they are intertwined with one another. If you look at Star Trek the spin-offs did have some thing to do with one another but were not constantly in relation to one another.

• Atlantis has to call back in to Star Gate Command for orders, and for assistance. Do you really think they’re going to keep some actors on just for this role?
    • Of course they could have stand-ins, or even bring some people over from SG1. However, no actor likes a part time gig so eventually quite a few people will leave.
    • The people that make both shows possible, are they going to stick around? Of course they are going to can some people. However, how is this going to be dealt with? I think Sci-Fi has a list of folks they have in mind.
    • The show will not be picked up by another network because of reasons already stated here. The cost of reproducing the show, and sets would be huge. There always could be an agreement to rent the sets but the only station I’ve heard that may pick it up is G4. God knows what they would do to it.
    • Story line, the amount of plot holes produced by canceling SG1 is going to affect Atlantis. I say this because with only half a season left you can’t wrap up such a new story line very effectively. The folks who are on the fence about the show are not going to understand how than can be done in a couple of episodes. I personally find the Ori more interesting than the Wraith. Of course the Ori could be drawn to the Pegasus Galaxy.
    • This part is a bit off topic, and I do not mean to offend any one by my next statement. What the hell does wrestling have to do with Science Fiction?
    These are just some thoughts I had earlier today. I could just be dead wrong, and it might make Atlantis a better show. Another show I like on Sci-Fi is Eureka. It seems like it’s produced by the same folks in Canada. The only problem I’ve seen with this show thus far is the use of the general science fiction story lines. Which if the show is going to last they need to stay away from the old hats.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  3. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

WTF, I agree with necrosis canceling sg-1 is gonna hurt atlantis, SG-1 is about the only show I watch on TV, SG-1, Rescue me, stargate atlantis. Now I'm only watching 2, this sucks. Where's that petition....

4. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

5. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

I kinda started liking atlantis more after losing general o'neill, but this is a shame as I have been watching them both. :(