Stargate SG1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Cow_160483, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

[​IMG]

Lately I got my hands on the old series dont ask how :evil: and have been watching it :D.

I used to watch it when i was younger and always thought it was a brilliant SciFi . What did you guys think of the whole series ? was it any good?

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

I still watch it every time I get

3. Cow_160483

I just love Richard Dean Anderson role in the SG1, he always remindes me of his MacGyver days ;)

I just finished watching season 1 and now moving on to 2 :)

4. CitySlicker

CitySlicker Banned

It was the original and the best cast for the time being. I did not really like anything that followed.

5. steves6403

steves6403 Active Member

ive seen the whole series 1-10 and i liked how it all gelled together

6. Cow_160483

Am hoping to watch them in order :D so am taking my time :drool:

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

the first few episodes where good, not exactly overwhelming but decent..

And then it just got better and better and better..

SG1 still had the highest rating even in it's 10th year before Sci-Fi rudely killed it with a silver bullet and forced them to produce movies rather then to keep the series going. It wasn't getting at all dry yet, i wouldn't be surprised if it went for another 10 years.

Stargate Atlantis started off exceptionally well.... Alot of familare faces from SG1 made it alot more interesting... The general attitude of the main cast was very real feeling. Sheppards general attitude was excellent throughout, Rodney is just pure awesome even if you want to kick his face in occasionally, and when the big guy showed up later, things just got better.

Then they royally nuked the crap out of Atlantis while it was at it's peak ratings to bring us what i think currently is a sip of stargate with a whole lot of crap.

Stargate Universe, only 5 episodes old, and already feeling like it's dragging on forever. You get to see and watch about 5 minutes of things actually happening, and the rest is all melrose place/90210. Unecessary sex scenes, and other overly dramatic shitty sequences. You get this taste of excellent stargate only to be drowned by other crap leaving you screaming for the stargate flavour which you get just a lick of throughout the 44 minutes.

I really hope it gets much better and they start toning down the bullshit. Sure i don't have a problem with some sappy episodes.... but one right after the other for the entire show gets a little old quick.

8. Cow_160483

I haven't yet started on Atlantis but planning to as soon as i finish SG1 , season 2 is not bad so far :)

9. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Sg-1 was an awesome series, though it got really weird towards the end, luckily the movies were able to finish it off, my favorite episode was in season 9 when Daniel becomes Merlin, and him and O'Neil talk about it.

10. Judas

lol yeah...

there are ALOT of good parts.

you should watch the bloopers.... there great.. theres about as many hours of bloopers as there are of the series itself..

11. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Yeah man that's what you get when you got a great cast working together, I love how they act in the later seasons from working together so long and the directions the characters take.

12. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Actually this a great sci-fi program.... I started watching this from day one...

Its just a pity that im so busy with several parts of my life,i have lost track of many episodes.And that includes the last 2 or 3 series...

I still watch the odd episode on sky,But they do tend to repeat quite often...

13. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

what do you think of the new one. Universe?

14. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

not sure what to think of it yet, seems to be going well, but it's a lot darker than the other two series, more doom & gloom

15. Judas

16. Cow_160483

Nice one judas I have to find these bloopers but first ... have to finish the series ... hahah... almost done with season 2

17. vicsrealms

vicsrealms New Member

I remember that blooper, that was a hoot. I always liked Amanda and have followed her to Sanctuary. Been a big fan of the series since it first came out, and even stayed through it when half the cast turned into Starcape SG-1. Atlantis was great at first but in the end it started to drag till they killed it.

I'm still hoping Universe will turn into something better. Right now its slow as all get out, but some of the characters have my attention and I would like to see where it goes before SciFi kills that one too. I hope it doesn't turn into another Firefly or Dresden Files.