Steam Winter Sale Begins

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Dec 23, 2021.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

The annual Steam Winter Sale is now underway, offering discounts on thousands of games between now and January 5th at 1:00 pm EST. Along with the bargains, there's a free mystery sticker giveaway offering a new giveaway every 48 hours. And since Valve is gearing up to hand out the 2021 Steam Awards, you can earn up to 10 Winter Sale Trading Cards by voting for your choices. This post has all the details:It's open season to hunt for games and gifts in the Steam Winter Sale, where you'll catch a glimpse of the elusive Yeti and abominable savings on thousands of titles through January 5th at 10am Pacific.

Be sure to claim your free Winter gifts in the Steam Points Shop while you're at it. Every two days the sneaky Yeti or one of his wintery friends will make an appearance as a little giftie pour vous there. Stop by the Points Shop any time before the sale ends on January 5th at 10am Pacific to claim your free stickers. Got some points burning a hole in your wintery coat pocket? Then be sure to browse the Points Shop for additional Winter Goodies on sale now.

It's also time to cast your vote in the 2021 Steam Awards! The nominees for the best games of 2021 are in. Be sure to make your voice heard by casting your vote in each of the categories before January 3rd at 9am Pacific. Winners will then be revealed as soon as your votes have been tallied. Which games will go down in history as the best of 2021? It's entirely up to you!

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

Thank you just got GTA IV for a Fiver.

Calliers likes this.
  3. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I just got RDR2 for £27. That makes this my second game bought in 2021. Only other game I purchased this year was The Medium. This year I played Star Citizen the most, followed by Cyberpunk 2077 and Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

My son is a HUGE fan of this "game-always-in-development"... :)

5. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

There are still people out there who swear the entire thing is nothing more than a kickstarter scam but if you've actually experienced it for yourself you will know there is nothing else that is even attempting something on this scale and depth. It's still possible that what they are trying to do is fundamentally not possible with current tech.

I think 2022 will be a really telling - the game needs a technology called dynamic server-meshing to really realise its vision and that is projected for the end of next year!

Dyre Straits likes this.
  6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I actually have played at it...and have it on my system. But, I'm really more of a RPG/Story-driven gamer. I did play Freelancer for awhile...long, long ago.

Calliers likes this.
  7. Calliers

Calliers Trophy Hunter Staff Member

Freelancer was excellent!

Dyre Straits likes this.
  8. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

Been tempted a few times is it any good?

9. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

TBH I haven't had that much of a chance to get into it. It wasn't quite what I was expecting - it plays more like an old style point and click adventure such as Syberia. I've played through the first couple of hours - nice visuals and locations. I like the lead character. You also have a mechanic where she can exist in two worlds simultaneosly so can be quite tough on your system, especially with RT on.

If you ever emjoyed any of the point and click games of the past I would say it's worth getting in a sale.

10. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

The Steam Awards 2021 have been awarded, as the community has voted on their choices for the best games of last year. Here's a rundown of the winners:

• GAME OF THE YEAR WINNER: RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE
    • VR GAME OF THE YEAR WINNER: COOKING SIMULATOR VR
    • LABOR OF LOVE WINNER: TERRARIA
    • BETTER WITH FRIENDS WINNER: IT TAKES TWO
    • OUTSTANDING VISUAL STYLE WINNER: FORZA HORIZON 5
    • MOST INNOVATIVE GAMEPLAY WINNER: DEATHLOOP
    • BEST GAME YOU SUCK AT WINNER: NIOH 2 – THE COMPLETE EDITION
    • BEST SOUNDTRACK WINNER: MARVEL'S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
    • OUTSTANDING STORY-RICH GAME WINNER: CYBERPUNK 2077
    • SIT BACK AND RELAX WINNER: FARMING SIMULATOR 22