Sunglasses

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, May 20, 2012.

1. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Since I have no lens (focus) and no iris (light-filtering) in my right eye, sunglasses are absolutely necessary for me to wear outdoors during the daytime, even on cloudy days.

That said, I just buy cheapo dollar store sunglasses. While I CAN afford to buy quality ones, I don't really see the point in wasting money on something that I'll eventually destroy anyway. It's not like I enjoy having to need them all the time, so I don't treat them with much respect. To me, they are just an unavoidable P.I.A. that I am forced to deal with.

I prefer the old "cop-style" design.....like in that old TV show C.H.I.P.S. but not mirrored as they tend to cause too many odd reflections.

If I was to buy an expensive pair of sunglasses, I would want them to be those kind that darken outdoors and lighten up indoors just so I wouldn't have to try to find somewhere to put them when I am inside. Furthermore, if they met safety glasses specifications, then I could use them at work too and never have to take them off unless I'm crashing out.

Hmm...do sunglasses that transition AND are safety glasses exist? Now those I might actually consider spending considerable money on. I'll have to look into that.....

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

yes my father has transitions.. or photosomethingorother.... safety style glasses that react very quickly to various sunlight conditions.

3. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

http://www.gemplers.com/product/156361/SMARTLENS-Transition-Safety-Glasses

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/13407.html

Not sure if they are the same pair of sunglasses but they're not too pricey.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  4. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

I wear sunglasses mainly while driving and cycling. Good sunglasses are necessary when cycling to protect your eyes from the sun and the wind.

I like the mirrored finish from the iridium lenses of Oakley. This is one reason why I'm sticking with Oakley.

I bought Oakley FIVE with black iridium lenses with my glasses prescription about ten years ago. They are still looking nice with only minor scratches after all that time. The prescription is now slightly off but I still wear them. They have solid plastic earsocks so I wear them with a strap to keep them from falling off. In full sunlight, the lenses have a mirrored finish.

[​IMG]

I bought Oakley Half Jacket XLJ with slate iridium lenses last year. The lenses are not as dark as my other pair so I can wear them when it's partly cloudy. They don't have my prescription so I wear them with contact lenses. They look like this below except mine have a mirrored finish. Because they are not as dark as the black iridium, the mirrored finish is only partial, you can slightly the wearer's eyes. The earsocks are made of a rubbery material and they perfectly hold the glasses in place without a strap.

[​IMG]

5. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

I currently own a set of Fossil Doyle sunglasses.

[​IMG]