Support for Mobility Radeon X1600 in Mobility Modder

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by MGLXP, Mar 12, 2006.

1. MGLXP

MGLXP New Member

Hi,

I currently have a laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600. I was wondering if it was possible to add support for this video card in the Mobility Modder. Right now I can only use the ones from the manufacturer, which I think are pre-Catalyst 5.13 and thus don't offer the improved DVD playback quality and H.264 decode acceleration. Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. zhouij

zhouij New Member

X1400 too?

I have a Toshiba Satellite M100 with Mobility X1400. Would you please add supporto for this one too? Thanks very much.

3. cyphin986

cyphin986 New Member

I also have a Mobility X1600, please add support!

4. darkj2k

darkj2k New Member

My ThinkPad also carry with ATI RADEON X1400(M54) but without luck that latest version of DHmodtool3.

Patje, could you pls mod it for us. Thanks.

5. mmccool

mmccool New Member

TravelMate 8200 x1600 drivers

The Acer TravelMate 8200 has a nice fast ATI Radeon x1600 but unfortunately the manufactor chose to only make available some very old drivers (2-27-06). This is *very* annoying, since these drivers happen to have a number of serious bugs. So, I'd like to add my voice to the others! Please see if you can get this working, I'd really appreciate it.

6. turk

turk New Member

i was having the same problem.

finally i just figured how to do it. i also own a mobility x1600.

just click on http://www.ati.com/online/mobilecatalyst/ and download the full catalyst mobility with ccc. this is the full driver package (version 6.5) which bypasses the stupid 'chipset check' program.

even though ATI says it doesnt support any chpisets later than X800, i tried it and it installed flawlessly on my mobility x1600. iam pretty sure this is the solution.

enjoy.

7. patje

patje Former Mobility Modman

ok ok, I'll let you guys you a special version of the modtool so you can get your fancy x1600's to work like they are supposed to do ;)

slight warning: This version requires the .NET framework 2.0 from our dear friends at MS.

http://users.skynet.be/FCB/files/DHModtool4c.exe

hope that helps some.
    Take care
    Patje

EDIT: works for all mobility cards...

8. zhouij

zhouij New Member

Wow thanks so much man!!!!

9. mauricef

mauricef New Member

Sorry for the amazingly old bump... but i just downloaded this and when I run it, it says "file ">" on Unknown is needed, type the path where the file is located then click ok... anyone care to help?

Thanks... and once again sorry for the bump.

10. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Hi there and welcome to DriverHeaven!

You might want to try the newest version of the mod tool. You can found it here : http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php and on that site there is step by step instructions how to mod the drivers. :)

11. friccs

friccs New Member

Hi, I've got an Toshiba Satellite A100-153 PSA99E. I have started with Catalyst 9.10 and modded it, then i tried to install 9.3 and modded it and after that i resumed to the last version I'have known it worked - 8.12. With all 9.X verisions I get the same error Message that this driver w'ont run with my system. Windows logo test is not passed. First i ignored this error but the system will boot but not start Windwos XP SP3. With the older Verion of 8.12 my system will boot and start WIndows but not start Catalyst Control Center. I have installed all app's needed - just as described in the tutorial. Currently I don't have installed ANY Graphicscaard driver. Here my System: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 11/14/2009, 11:57:13 Machine name: MEDICA Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435) Language: German (Regional Setting: German) System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA System Model: Satellite A100 BIOS: BIOS Version 5.60 Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs) Memory: 2046MB RAM Page File: 400MB used, 3031MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) DX Setup Parameters: Not found DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab: No problems found. Display Tab 1: The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer. Sound Tab 1: No problems found. Sound Tab 2: No problems found. Music Tab: No problems found. Input Tab: No problems found. Network Tab: No problems found. --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: Manufacturer: Chip type: DAC type: Device Key: Enum\ Display Memory: n/a Current Mode: 800 x 600 (16 bit) (1Hz) Monitor: Monitor Max Res: Driver Name: vga.dll Driver Version: 5.01.2600.0000 (German) DDI Version: unknown Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 8/4/2004 04:00:00, 9344 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: n/a VDD: Nicht zutreffend Mini VDD: vga.sys Mini VDD Date: 4/13/2008 19:44:40, 20992 bytes Device Identifier: {D7B70EE0-4340-11CF-B063-282AAEC2C835} Vendor ID: 0x0000 Device ID: 0x0000 SubSys ID: 0x00000000 Revision ID: 0x0000 Revision ID: 0x0000 Video Accel: Deinterlace Caps: n/a Registry: OK DDraw Status: Not Available D3D Status: Not Available AGP Status: Not Available DDraw Test Result: Not run D3D7 Test Result: Not run D3D8 Test Result: Not run D3D9 Test Result: Not run Help Appreciated and Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  12. Siauka

Siauka New Member

Follow this link ;)

13. friccs

friccs New Member

I tried this before and it did not work. I reinstalled my OS and now i get this error message:

[​IMG]

I am trying to install the Setup.exe form the Driver Folder...

Any Idea please?

Attached Files:

14. Siauka

Siauka New Member

If you even can't start SETUP process properly it looks like you have problem in your notebook functionality, that can be messed up operating system, your hdd or ram and so on...