Support For New Member

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DEVILINAU, Feb 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEVILINAU

DEVILINAU New Member

Hi I'm having issues with my PC. It could be due to the weather as it's very humid where I live. I often get restarts and black screens in HOT weather due to overclocking or just turbo boosting my system. Can anyone help? Just a note. It doesnt occur when the system is running standard clocks.

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Hi there and welcome!

Can you give us some more info on your PC? The processor, motherboard, cooling... all that stuff (even the case, so that we know how is the airflow in there). Software side too, what OS and what do you usually do to cause the PC to crash. :)

Also, did you check to confirm if the CPU or some other part is overheating or not with some tool such as HWMonitor? It does seem to be the most likely thing, but it's best if we can know for sure. And it wouldn't hurt to know your room temperature. If it gets to 35°C then you can expect 10°C higher CPU temperatures than someone sitting in a room at 25°C, so that would affect our advice.

3. DEVILINAU

DEVILINAU New Member

Well the cpu is on a standard cooler from intel. the gpu is a passive fan cooler. in that it runs passive and the fans spin up under load. the case has two front fans and a rear fan. I turn on XMP memeory booster in BIOS is the easiest way to get it blur screening and often crash.

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Although far more info would be useful...how many dimms of RAM do you have installed? If the problem always appears when you switch on XMP there is a good chance there is a problem with one or more of your RAM sticks. Or motherboard.
    Does the system ever restart on its own when you don't have XMP (which isn't really boost but makes the RAM run at the speed it can)?
    Does the system ever restart on its own when you have XMP on and don't overclock your system?
    You could try having only one stick of RAM installed and see if the problem repeats itself. If it does, move the same stick to another slot and try agian.
    If the problem repeats, use a different RAM stick and see what happens.

5. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Way Offtopic... Edit: (Maybe not did not see this were in offtopic anyway)

while i am still here i would like to see help go to a New Member... And to add to this DEVILINAU is Currently A Banned User on HardwareHeaven o_O

Sorry to say i did not think we would see REIII Frankie make a return :oops::oops:

And also Re-Banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.