Supposedly low fan noise...

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Sandok, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Okay, I bought a textorm 18 dba 12cm fan for my blowhole but saddly it's still too loud!!! Any way to quiten it? The hole it's blowing through is not round so can that make extra noise? It's sorta annoying... Or should I buy a muskateer and then regulate that 1 fan... But then, for the VU meter, can I still use my 5.1 audio or no? :confused: Help?

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

the VU meter will only work for one or two channels

3. Sandok

Sandok New Member

So in other words, I can't buy it and hope to use my 5.1 system? :(

4. Hilco

Hilco New Member

I installed it on my 5.1
    I used the front connector:confused:

5. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

is the fan to loud....or does it just rattle?

6. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Well since it's the blowhole fan, I find it just a tad bit loud... It doesn't rattle cuz I put tons of rubber bands thingys to soften the shock... But ya :( I don't want a robeous thingy (won't even fit in my case cuz it's tooless to Aerogates are gone and I just want to control one fan... Anything with nobs won't close on my tsunami...) Actually, it's more like the shape of the case and the wind going through it making the noise... If I flip the fan so it sucks instead of blows, TOTAL SILENCE :evil:

Hilco, you succedded? From what I understand, u have to install a PCI slot thingy, and set in to the PCI slot and then the out from that slot should be ur speakers? Or can you leave em in the sound card? Cuz I got 3 cables for my sound (greenish, yellow and black)???

7. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Okay I found out the culprit... It's my silent power PSU Thermaltake fans!!! Is it safe and esy to change em? Anyone done this yet?

8. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

I have the same PSU and had the same problem. My case came with real low speed 120mm fans. didn't move a whole lot of air. I always thought the culprit was My Volcano 11+ HSF (oo it helped with the noise too). however when i watercooled. i went passive for awhile, not having one fan in the whole system except psu fans. and the thing was damned loud. I recently put two Sanyo Denki 120mm fans in my case, and dropped the case temp AND quited the PSU. The PSU fans are termal regulated. the hotter it gets the faster the fans move. so if its pulling hot air into the PSU, its not going to cool as nicely.

CLIFFS: get better case fans.

9. Sandok

Sandok New Member

i insatlled a blowhole which didn't exist before and replaced my case fans with better ones, worse ones, same ones and still no change (3 12cm fans in total :rolleyes: ) So??? :confused: