SW:KOTOR Screen Resolution

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Data1232, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Data1232

Data1232 New Member

Hi guys,

I have been playing this game recently, and am nothing short of impressed, however i have run into a strange glitch with my resolution settings for this game. If i use the Configure setting when before I start the game, I'm allowed only two settings: 1280x960 (60 Hz and 85Hz refresh rates) and 1600x1200 (60Hz and 70Hz refresh rates). I normally run my games at 1024x768, and am using the Direct X override, but i understand that this game is OpenGL, so that doesn't apply. However, no where in the game am i allowed the option to run at 1024x768, yet when in actual gameplay, it seems to adopt this resolution (i.e., my screen blanks out and changes settings). But when an ingame movie is played (such as the opening sequence) my resolution switches to something different, i suspect the settings that i've specified in the Configure menu. It looks pretty bad, and out of proportion, and i was hoping someone might be able to help me find a solution for it. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that i'm running the Catalyst 3.10 and the 1.01 patch from the developers

2. Dem2k

Dem2k New Member

I think this is game bug, caused by using some type of refresh rate overide function. If you you're using reforce, auto populate and restore orginal settings does the trick.

3. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Editing the file swkotor.ini might be worth a try too. The graphics engine of this game is a bit odd though.

4. Data1232

Data1232 New Member

I am using ReForce, but that dosen't seem to be helping much, what options could i edit in the .ini file to help?

5. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

I thought ATI's Refresh Override worked in both DX and OGL. At least it seems to for me. ReForce has been problematic for many games......well, a few anyway.