swapping drivers?

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by cheater, Feb 6, 2004.

1. cheater

cheater New Member

Is it possible to have both the creative and the kx drivers installed, and swap them as needed? I just LOVE the sound of kx over stock drivers, but there are some games that just sound so much worse without eax (thief series most notably). I can't make up my mind... can't I have both? :D

I know this has been said over and over, but eax/a3d are great enhancements to already existing games (and most of those games can only use either one)... it'd be GREAT to have that integrated into those drivers (knowing the quality of the driver, it'd be a great implementation too, for sure). At least for me, it seems to be a hugely important feature set in the drivers - you shouldn't just let it slide like that :) I can BET this driver would gain a LOT of popularity if it integrated this....

2. Rogacz

Rogacz Porcupine Floyd

Of course You`re right, but it was discused many times on this boards.

As I can remember, EAX is going to be implemented into drivers, but first, team has more important things to do. We don`t want the driver quality to went down, don`t we?

And I think there could be problems on with EAX, You know, it`s Creative patent and I really don`t know is it fully legal to implement Creative`s technology into kX. From other side, kX isn`t commercial, so that would be strange if Creative want to collect cash from kX authors. Anyway, we must wait...

Patience is the key my friend ;)

3. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

creative should pay the kX team for enticing people like my to buy their products

4. wakko000

wakko000 New Member

I agree

5. Eugene Gavrilov

Eugene Gavrilov kX Project Lead Programmer and Coordinator

>> creative should pay the kX team for enticing people like my to buy their products

perhaps, one could say that to Creative :)

/E

Last edited: Feb 28, 2004
  6. Daniel Drummond

Daniel Drummond New Member

Yep, I have upgraded form a sblive to an audigy only to be able to use KX drivers...