Swine Flu Spreads to SA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by RE III - Frankie, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

how is it an outbreak..

do you know anyone personally have has it....

At this point it's more of an uncle's son's brother's friend's sister's email pal's cousin's squirrel killers's blood relations's left toe's pinky swear's heard locally about some guy getting sick from it and dieing.... still unclear IF it's indeed due to swine flu, but since he had it, must have been....

seriously

West Nile wasn't even considered an outbreak and it has the remote possibility to kill you. Yet very people people here have ended up with it, and the rare cases of claimed "death" plastered all over the news papers was later (NOT BY THE news paper cause going back on what they printed is a no no) confirmed through real sources to have been due to natural unrelated to west nile causes.

Like i said.... it's bullshit, i have a much much higher chance of getting west nile then even coming within a planetary distance of catching swine flu and then dieing from it.

2. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

I find this flu thing to be way overblown, it's nowhere close to the 1918 pandemic, and the normal flu actually kills more. I honestly think that people don't understand how the flu works and that leads to high deaths. For one thing it dehydrates the hell out of you. This causes a LOT of issues.

3. Judas

no water = death reguardless.

exactly seraphic.

If you actually do some research on the matter at hand... you'd either laugh at the atrocity of the claims being made or cry at the sheer stupidity of it all. You'd likely emediately after, feel quite upset that what you have relied on as proffesional realistic educated responces and suggestions by the people in charge have greatly disapointed you to the point of not being able to trust a freaking word that ever comes out of thier mouth.

What is good however is the growing number of people that are doing this.... actually doing REAL research into the matter and sharing it with others. Empowering themselves with their own opinion and thinking it through and realizing that what they had been told by the so called pros/leaders/news media that give you "accurate" up to date information was so absurd, even a caveman could likely grasp the rediculiousness of it.

Still people stare at the news on tv, blankly listen to the radio news, unintelligently absord the news paper articles.

They absorb it like it's the fundemental unwavering truth EVEN if they appear or think they have an opinion or don't exactly agree with it.

I haven't had tv for over 4 years now, i don't read the newpaper, any time i do i read it like it's the funnies. Just read the headlines, sometimes they have nothing at all to do with the article they headline for.... it's just pure bullshit advertisement to grab your eye.

Worse yet is the fact that it's known via real studies that it doesn't matter if it's true or not, accurate in the least bit or not, real, fiction, whatever, but the very first thing that is new to you, presented to you in some form of information that you can know even very little about, even if it sounds a bit questionable, you will emediately take it's side, some people will be a little more extreme then others, but your opinion will have usually been made not do to your own real opinion, but due to the suggestion made by the information you've received.

Think about it, it's very accurate. Very few people sit down and really consider it, quite often people will take such information in stride and then when some time down the road a conversion may pop up involving information that you had previous picked up in stride, and quite often, just plug your information in as if it were 100% accurate....

not saying ALWAYS... but general majority will side with it that way without even realizing they are doing it, even thinking they are doing it out of their own free will.

4. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

I found this to be hilarious...I guess even the press reserves the right to be hypocritical.

:) :rofl: :rofl: :)

Source

5. Judas

and 64 confirmed cases ended up being 0 still

it was later confirmed that those confirmed cases were indeed only partialy confirmed and then forgotten

6. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

Update:) I'm still sick even though it's been a week. It has to be this pig flu going around. I'm just glad it ain't as bad as what the news said it would most likely do to me. The worst thing that happened though because I smoke I think is try to stop me from breathing and making me cough really hard all the time. sux.

7. Judas

you've got the common cold.... that's it...... not some pig bullshit

8. SaberZ

SaberZ -Android Fanatic-

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce a solution to this epidemic.

For only $200.00 you too can have your own environmental containment unit.

[​IMG]

But seriously, this swine flu is much like Sars in how fast it has spreaded and it appears that every 5 years we get a new case of some type of hazard.

Flesh Eating Virus
    West Nile
    Sars
    Swine Flu.

Hell it may not even be war that owns us but a huge viral outbreak as most of this microbes and bacteria are highly resistant to todays treatments due to mutations.

9. SaberZ

SaberZ -Android Fanatic-

Hence why its always said to drink a lot of fluids when your sick. Hell I was sick one time and regardless of how much water i drank I was still dehyrdated and actually lost a lot of weight(was sick for about a week). I dropped roughly 10lbs, yes 10lbs!!!, I ate but was tough to keep it down and always parched.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

So then the ultimate pandemic would be water born...... Hmmmmm. :evil:

11. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

From what I've read in the latest "health" headlines. Swine Flu is still spreading. Cases coming in from everywhere. Even people without and being denied proper facilitation due to the high number of reported cases.

12. Judas

lawl

13. FFVII - Cloud

FFVII - Cloud Banned

Imagine if G W B went completely insane (again) and decided to shoot on site all sick people resembling and kind of life inhibiting illness!?!? That would be like WW 2 in Germany with the Nazi's and Hitler. My camps everywhere holding the sick and dying controlling them as they eat sleep clean and communicate. "Controlled Sick Person #1 to "Controlled sick person #2. Did they make you take your pants down again in front of the old lades?!!? Yeah. It wasn't that bad though cause it must have been the 23rd time this week!?!?

Edit: 78th time in a month.