Synology Disk Station DS410j NAS @ HH

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by craig5320, Mar 17, 2010.

1. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Synology DS410j Review

Today we are taking a look at the latest NAS offering from Synology, the Disk Station DS410j is a 4 disk RAID capable NAS solution that runs off a Linux based O/S. As media stored in the home becomes more common place we have started seeing more and more solutions such as these coming onto the market.

2. press

press New Member

cool! :)

3. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Hehe, wrong thread! ;)

4. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

It's not often that I'm glad to see 80mm fans, but on a NAS I'll have to be. :)

5. paddygman

paddygman New Member

Cooling would be a must when you have 4 drives together in an enclosure, 80mm fans are usually sufficient but depending on the make and the amound of work they have to do it can different outcomes.

I wouldnt mind see-ing a NAS setup with Liquid-Cooling, just for a change! Cant imagine it will be much bigger, just have a radiator hanging off the back or even seperate.

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

It sure looks nice. I guess the only thing it would make it better would be two more colour options for the box. One in Chrome and one in Orange.

One more thing I would like to say. Is it just me or is the power on/off button the sexiest such button in recent years? I mean, look at it!
    [​IMG]

I want to take it out to dinner! (to keep it civil here)

7. Sihastru

Sihastru Never been clicked

It does look better then most NAS devices, but when it comes to it, it's not it's strongest point, and it shouldn't be. A NAS is something that you stick a few drives in, then you stick it somewhere out of sight, quickly configure it, and then "forget" about it.

It delivers where it should, and for me that is network speed. The rest is just a bonus.

8. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Please Note.... This is a Synology Review... And if youre wondering where the post have gone...I have moved them to the thread mentioned..

If you want to post "I Love Synology" Please Do so Here