Thanks! / Feature Request - Killer NIC

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by gazorp, Jun 11, 2007.

1. gazorp

gazorp New Member

Hello!

Thanks for such a great program! Your cleaner solved my ATI video card problems that three weeks of ATI support couldnt solve. Had i know about this product sooner, i would have tried it long ago!

Being a computer enthusiast, i find that many of my common drivers are available in your program. There is one however, that may be a little obscure, but i certainly feel worthy of addition... The Killer NIC. The idea for adding this feature to your program came after i had to follow their manual unistall procedure found on this page: http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=3680#post3680

The support over at bigfoot is really great, and i hope you can work with them to add a feature in your program to save many of us users lots of time!

Thanks again for everything!

-HAPPY CUSTOMER :)

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Hi,

i will look into that new filter and see if i can create that. Thanx for the suggestion.

Edit: Is it possible for you te send me the inf file for installing the killer nic? Maybe it is in 1 on the bigfoot directories. Those inf files would really help.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  3. gazorp

gazorp New Member

Sure! I would be happy to help in any way i can. I will search for the INF in my files tonight..

How shall i send the file to you?

4. Spike

5. Balthazor

Balthazor New Member

I recently started playing around with the Killer NIC. I would like to 2nd the request for a Killer NIC driver cleaner. It leaves behind a lot of stuff even with a 'proper' uninstall.

My driver cleaner registered email is the same as my forum registered email; if you need me to explicitly post that, I can.

Thanks. Great product, btw, I'm a new Driver Cleaner user and pretty happy with it.

6. Spike

Will work on it. Sorry for making this so late, got a lot of things that distracted me from making it. Will find more info on what to remove and if you have any inf files from it then send that to info at drivercleaner dot net, so i can use those also.

7. Balthazor

Balthazor New Member

Not entirely sure where I would get the INF, but the link to the download for it is here:

Killer - gaming network card delivers smoother gameplay during intense action - from Bigfoot Networks

Also a link to a relatively recent forum post on how to purge from one of their forum moderators:

How to purge (clean) your system for Killer Driver re-install - KillerNIC Forums

I also noticed that, even with an uninstall and 'purge' as directed by this guy, it still leaves entries within Device Manager if you use these commands in an admin command prompt:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

Devmgmt.msc

Thanks for the continuing development on your program.

8. Balthazor

Balthazor New Member

I saw the Killer NIC as a new filter via live update, thanks a lot for the quick work.

9. Spike

Yep it is online in live update. I know it can still be improved, but will do that in updates and hope also for user input for things it leaves behind. So if oyu see anything left behind then please post it.

10. Balthazor

Balthazor New Member

Spike

After installing the Killer and uninstalling, then using your driver cleaner program, several files were left behind:

In the system32 directory, bfllr.dll and instllr.exe

In the user's documents directory, four configuration files were left behind:
    bandwidth.xml
    exceptions
    killerwallconfig.xml
    removeexceptions

Yes, two of those files have no extensions.

A 'Bigfoot Networks' directory is still left in the Program Files directory.

Best regards.