the card burns my hand???

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Shadow Lady, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

is it normal? i mean from the time i start the machine the card is almost at same temperature all the time, i have no idea what degress is it going on, but i now if i touch the card (not the heatsink/fan) it almost burns my hand, i dont think that is good, and im thinking that is what made my old good radeon card go down, so is it normal?

if its no normal, and after it seems like my old card died, can it be that getting a new mobo (which is what i think is damaged), i can use my old card again?

2. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

sounds like perhaps a voltage issue, in whihc case yes, a new mobo or even a fixed bios for the current one would probably do the trick

3. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

my agp port was bad when something similar was happening to me, right at boot the card is so hot you cant even touch it. well actually, we think it was the agp... bad agp or card i dunno, but the card had worked b4 it got moved over and just now again got an agp board so yeah. do you get some really messed up artifacts or anything?

4. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

well, on the old card yes, until it finally didnt letme even read anything on dos or the bios or anything, then im guessing the mobo killed the old card, im over a gf 5200 now, it lets me read, and i saw somethen i may think is odd, in the bios, were u can see the status of the power supply, it says the -12.0v and the 12.0v are respectibely on -12.764 and 12.572 thats wrong right? could it be the mobo doing that?

is there a chance my old v-card is still recoverable?

ill try with another bios for the mobo

5. crashuk

crashuk New Member

-12.764 and 12.572 is not wrong.. I think you should look at better cooler.. fast cards do run hot..

If you dont have a case fan get one if you got one change it for a better one and if you got room get a system blower and Vga cooler for your card..

EDIT: Just seen you got MSI board they very poor... Sell it on ebay get a new MB..

6. WisMerHill

WisMerHill New Member

Your post was ok till you posted that... nothing wrong with msi and ussually msi boards are very stable. exceptions excluded ofcoz. but there;s no reason to post some denigrating post without even argumenting it.
    i had and have several msi boards and all are fine, normally they aren''t the fastest boards but they are stable. Now my current msi board even ranks up with the best (if not the best) in its class.

7. crashuk

crashuk New Member

8. Shinjikun

Shinjikun 第3 子供

9. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

my friend showed to me on nVnews. w/the exception of that particular board, MSI makes really good stable boards. MSI boards are not meant for overclocking or tweaking of any kind, but if you want a reliable system that won't give you any problems (minor if any problems do occur), get an MSI board.

10. Shadow Lady

Shadow Lady Avril Fan

im sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but that looks just like what happened to my old pc (i lost many things on that one, it was better than the one i have now)

it had an MSI mobo, but i still think somethen else caused that, i've always trusted on MSI and i still trust it, MSI is my choice for mobos always sorry if u dont like taht ;)