The Definitive Windows 7 vs Vista Performance Comparison

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by comp_ali, Oct 24, 2009.

1. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

The official launch of Windows 7 is upon us, and there has never been so much hype for a new Microsoft OS since XP was first revealed. To most people, Vista is either a complete piece of junk, or a necessary evil, although I think that is somewhat unfair. To me, Vista is an improvement over XP in every conceivable way, and I really can’t think of any good reason for someone to be using XP in the last 3 years. Many people do though, and Microsoft wasted no time in working on a replacement for Vista.

2. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

The majority of the results can be summed up simply as:

Win7 handles threading far better than Vista, with multithreaded workloads on the quad core showing the biggest gains.

The other thing which seems to be clear, is that Win7 is a logical successor to Vista, rather than agonizing over the choice between XP and Vista.

Maybe a few things are still waiting for Win7 compatible updates, but most Vista era hardware and software should be ready now or soon will be.

3. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

4. LukeK

LukeK New Member

Rather arrogant of this website to call their article the "definitive' version. I notice quite a few things missing from it, so maybe "the not yet definitive" would be better. for instance every system on test had 4gb of ram? useless for quite a lot of people.

5. Alex

Alex Driverheaven Lover

Yeah, its not a very informative article. Windows 7 is running great for me, but I learned nothing from this article, I think its more for a different audience than us however.

6. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

I wonder why this site got such a big difference between Vista and 7 when other sites don't.

7. procupine14

procupine14 Why is it Beeping!?!?!

Not sure about this whole thing. I have to say that I was so pleased with the way that my copies of Vista 64 Ultimate that I didn't notice a lot of difference migrating to 7 save for easier tabbing back and forth from a game to my second monitor etc. Also the granted new features are a plus as I love them and I have noticed that there is a bit less ram usage on average among the systems in my house. Past that its really the same experience for me but then again I loved Vista