The future of Hardware Heaven

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Announcements' started by Notdjey, May 12, 2020.

1. Notdjey

Notdjey Administrator

Hi all,

I've read, here and there, a few rumors about the future of HardwareHeaven.

Today, in order to clarify some things, I've decided to speak out on the subject.

I am indeed, through my company, the new owner of Hardware Heaven.

I have known the site for a very long time and when I learned that after many years Heaven Media was looking to sell it, I immediately contacted them.

So of course, today even more than yesterday, the context to run a site dealing with hardware is complicated. Why would you want to get involved in such a project today when any youtuber testing electric skateboards or playing Fortnite seems to be more successful than a real hardware enthusiast? How can we not notice that a youtube video is more supported by some brands of hardware components than a real deep, sincere and useful test?

The truth is that I've always been obsessed with hardware. From my childhood ZX81 to now, I've always had my hands in it. I've been lucky enough to make this passion my profession and this in complete independence without ever needing to sell myself to anyone. I believe that a place where passion is expressed without commercial pressure is a luxury that I want to try to offer to the community that made me what I am.

Giving this community the means to have fun, to share and to express themselves freely is my main goal.

How can I succeed in doing that when the Hightech site field is a crowded field? The goal of this adventure for me is not to compete with established sites which are often big formatted machines. I think you have to stand out through expertise and commitment. While we are in a complicated economic context with a crisis in monetization models, I believe very much in a radically different model. I have insisted several times on brand independence, but I also know that nothing can be achieved by ignoring brands. I think that our community has a lot to offer them, not just as customers but for some of them as experts.

There are a lot of things I want to do and it would be too long to talk about them here. I would also like to say that I am not alone and I am already surrounded by a small, dynamic and passionate team. Even if we have a hundred or so ideas in the boxes, there is one principle we will always rely on and that is to exchange and consult the community that has been expressing itself here for more than 15 years.

Even if you won't see any immediate change, the next few weeks will be dense. I remain available here and on the networks where some people know me.

I make a commitment to share our ideas with you regularly and to seek your opinions on the next steps.

I hope that you can share with me some ideas.

Thanks

Takaharu, Trusteft, Mr Cairo and 2 others like this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

I can't wait to see in which direction Hardware Heaven goes. I almost feel like it's been given a new lease on life. Having talked with you in private conversations I think you're a great guy, and we're lucky to have someone who is a great guy running things around here now. You're no pushover but at the same time you are humble.

I hope our regular members can chip in now and say in which direction they would like HH to go. Together we can make HH great again (yes I said it :p ).

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Im more a quiet enthusiast than a full on Hardware geek but i found this place Many years ago while researching a solution to a Win XP problem, very very friendly people helped me and I stayed, I have watched some come and go but always that friendly helpful attitude stayed here...If we can help we will help

So my only hope is keep the forums fun and friendly don't get so techy that it scares us less knowledgeable away and don't go generic and ad and content driven , I also like that we are still a php forum with back and forth conversation in a linear fashion.

I love this please please don't change... and best of luck with your new venture

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Welcome to HH and thanks for the information. Good luck and as I am sure regulars feel like me on this, if we can help, just ask.

Dyre Straits and Calliers like this.
  5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Hi there! I feel silly welcoming you as it's now your place, kind of like a long time squatter welcoming the new owner of the estate, but welcome! :D

I'm glad that there are new people in charge, I really hope that we'll get more people and participation here.

I'd also like to use this opportunity to thank the previous management(s) for all their effort, all the great moments in the past and for keeping things going in a changing scene, when the forums became a lot less lively than they previously were.

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  6. Notdjey

Notdjey Administrator

Thank you all,

I will take a few minutes to answer to your main questions :

@Calliers @Trusteft : Yes, we are looking for help and volunters because as you probably understood, we absolutely need that some main community leaders are natives english speaking guys...Because we are french guys and we don't want to lead everything from France. :cool:

@Mr Cairo : To be honest it's my main goal about Community. Of course we need some picky guys, experts etc but the main quality must Always be kindness. Kindness is the key for me.I don't care about arrogant "gurus" who know everything but share nothing.

@IvanV : One of the idea to revive the forums is to share experiments about PC, about overclocking etc. Possibly we will have to build a small group inside the Community with the ability to receive, review and test products...not to post articles on the website but to give to the all Community a personnal feedback, to answer to other question that you always have in mind and you never find in the conventional reviews / tests...

Hope I'm clear with my rusty English. I'm ready for other questions ;)

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Trusteft, Calliers and IvanV like this.
  7. IvanV

The message is coming through perfectly clearly and I really like what you're saying. There are a few good people on the board to help get things going, some that have already appeared in this thread and some that haven't yet, but are still around.

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  8. Calliers

Considering working with other brands, I would welcome it, particularly because this would potentially bring new blood into the mix, as new members join because their brand is being represented here on the HH foroums.

I'm sure there are others here who agree with me on this one.

Trusteft likes this.
  9. Mr Cairo

Oh god yeah it kind of is.

Seconded on all points and probably was never said enough TBH

Then I am onboard for what's next :)

Also sounds good I am even more onboard

Although as I said I tend to hang around and contribute just to the conversations, My PC technical knowledge is just enthusiastic, I really look to the others on here for any in depth Tech advice that I need as my own knowledge is far lower Ivan, Calliers, Judas, Trusteft, Dyre and others have always been there when I was stuck with something

I would however not be adverse to helping out if bodies were needed :)

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Trusteft and IvanV like this.
  10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I'm not a "hardware guy" keeping up on the latest trends and all that...I'm also not a gamer.

I came here years ago because of the KX drivers for Sound Blaster cards. We were using them for multi channel music recording back in the day.

Then, I never left.

But, congrats to the OP for your new acquisition, may it do well for you and be everything you hope it to be.

11. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

I am just a newbie here but I love the place... I got the most detailed explanations for anything I ever asked not to mention just talking things with others is a great joy.
    I hope this place offers what it did so far and will be even better in the future the way you guys discussed.

12. Calliers

Like the new ads, really colourful. :)

13. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I have been so busy the past few weeks getting things together for my son's 50th birthday that I haven't been on HH much. So, I'm just now getting wind of the newness here. That said, I'm very happy to see that the owner is going to be "hands on" with the site.

I actually came to this site when it was DriverHeaven for the purpose of getting the "Omega Drivers" for my then ATi video cards. While I've been active on other forums, this one has been the "go to" one ever since those days long ago.

It will be exciting to see the direction, feel the freshness, and know that "The Man" is accessible to us. Thank you!

14. Calliers

No worries @Dyre Straits, better late than never.

Also I'll tell my story of what led me to HH again, I came here for help on how to BIOS flash my old 9500 non pro to a pro. :)

Then I found out this place rocked, and stayed. :D

Mr Cairo likes this.
  15. Notdjey

Notdjey Administrator

Hi all,

Just want to add some news here.

We are looking for new passionate volunteer editors. We are able to give them some stuff to review, some help and some tools to build their own PC benchmarks setup.

In the same time, we will progressively import some main articles published on overclocking.com. Of course we will translate them and if our English is too bad, please don't hesitate to yell at us .

We will also use the same road to use the articles published by MIG-31 and translated in French for overclocking.com.

if you're not allergic to French speaking, please have a look next week at our first "test community round-up" about the brand new Ryzen 3100.

We have send 10 Ryzen 3100 CPU for our best community members to have some fresh, honest and uncomplexed feedbacks about this new processor.

I'm very motivated about this project because it's clearly what we want to do to engage our community and to compare different point of views of real buyers. And of course we also want to do that here at HH.

I'm waiting for your feedback / opinions about that. And I will be happy to build the same project ASAP here.

++

Trusteft, IvanV and Mr Cairo like this.
  16. Mr Cairo

Sounds great ..like i said im just an enthusiast but I am more than happy to help review anything if needed

17. IvanV

Sounds great indeed!

I will surely take a look at the roundup, I remember fondly doing something similar around 10 years ago (back then, I got a graphics card to test/use and write about the experience and so did Mr Cairo if I remember correctly :) ).

Mr Cairo likes this.
  18. Calliers

[​IMG]

Mr Cairo likes this.
  19. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

I have been around for ages. Have been dormant on HH owing to life changes, marriage, big moves, careers e.t.c.

Definitely, the Tech game has had major changes over the past 10 years+ and nothing remains the same for long. I've seen the change from Driverheaven to HH. And it will be interesting to see where this all goes. Tech will always be a part of our lives & it will be up to us enthusiasts to adapt to platforms and provide the discussion and analysis people are looking for.

IvanV and Mr Cairo like this.
  20. Calliers

We are growing, growing higher and higher!

Mr Cairo likes this.