The "I saw The Dark Knight" thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by IEMC, Jul 19, 2008.

1. IEMC

IEMC Neighborhood screw up.

Saw the 12:01 AM show last night, and I must say, it was totally worth it.
    Best movie I've seen in awhile, if not ever.

It's a shame Heath Ledger died, I'd love to see him as The Joker some more.

What're your thoughts on the movie / do you plan to see it (even though the thread title says you saw it already :p )?

2. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

I am going to the one at 8:20 by me so I will post back when I return :)

3. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Can't see it until 24th here, but I definitely will. Probably have to wait until the weekend though as my right inner ear currently can't take much noise on one day. Perhaps I'll wear an earplug in both ears to balance things out. Should hear fine anyway with the standard volume inside cinemas today. ;)

4. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

going tonight, my friend bought me a ticket. cant find an imax ticket though anywhere

5. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Saw it in the sold out IMAX tonight, go see it in IMAX if you can, the difference was dramatic.

No matter how high your expectations are you'll not be prepared for how great this movie is. As a crime drama, I thought it was better than my all time fav Heat (with De Niro and Pacino) and as a comic book movie it clearly sets the bar so high there's no way the sequels can live up to it. This truly is the Godfather II in so many ways.

I will say that the length of The Dark Knight took me by surprise...so much happens in it and none of it feels rushed at all, it felt like 2 movies in one and you'll want it to keep going and going. It seems to last forever but in a good way (as long as you don't have to take a piss [​IMG] )

Think I might see it again on cheapo Tuesday, no way am I spending an hour at the back of a line to a sold out show though. I barely got seats as it was.

IEMC likes this.
  6. Customgamer1

OmegaRed you could not have said it any better.

This is one movie that is worth the high price of the ticket and popcorn. You will not be disappointed AT ALL!

This movie sets the new standard on what movies should be like. If you liked the past Batman get ready for the best 2 1/2 hours of your life :)

7. Zmir

Zmir New Member

Seen it!
    and it was beyond exciting ;D

8. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

Saw it at the 12:01 show as well with couple of my friends. And yes, it was the best movie we have seen in SO long. Right when i expected it to be over, it just picked back up with the story and kept going. It was amazing

About 1/4 through I realized I had to take a piss.. by the end of the movie I completely forgot I had to ;) Yea, it's that good

9. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Got my IMAX tickets, just waiting for 24th here, there was preview tickets on the thursday, but I went for friday instead. can't wait.

10. IEMC

Yah, Omega, you said it well.

At one point I thought it would be over soon, but it went on for another hour and a half.

I suggest you don't wear a watch, or at least don't look at the time, because half the fun is losing track of time and getting lost in the movie.

And this was the first movie I've actually been excited to go see. It lived up to all expectations.

11. IEMC

I decided I'm seeing it again in IMAX. Not sure when, but I will.

12. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

IMAX is across town for me, whereas a multiplex is on my street so I think that's where I'll see the 2nd viewing. :D

13. Syndicate2083

Syndicate2083 New Member

I saw it out here in the philippines. I must say, it was quite amazing. Heath's performance as the joker was stellar, his mannerisms, it was all just wonderful. He really brought the insanity of the joker through without making him seem like a stilted character with no purpose but to be the badguy for a movies sake.

The entire cast did a fantastic job really, with only a couple minor things that naggled me in the movie, overall this thing is gold. It definitely felt like multiple movies crammed into one.

Wicked happy I was able to see it.

14. Customgamer1

Yeah Heath IMO should win the award for the best acting.

Not just because he died, but because he deserved it.

I have not seen anyone play a part like that as well as he did. I think more than anything he loved the part and just went all out. Just amazing.

But over all this was a movie that I got taken away with. Like you almost forget you are watching a movie because you get so into it. It hardly happens, but when it does it turns into an instant classic for me!

Warner Brothers once again does not disappoint. They always have the best movies and I more than happy to pay the price of the ticket and will buy the DVD day it comes out.

And I am not even that big of a comic movie person and I hate comic books, but this movie just did not seem like it.

15. e v o

e v o New Member

I agree with this, it's going to be hard/impossible for the next batman or other comic book movies to compete with it. Main reason being the Joker was such a well done villain and will be hard to top.

First movie in the theatre I've seen in a long time, well worth it.

IEMC likes this.
  16. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

this is the only film ive yet to see someone saying its awful. 9.6 rating on imdb.com as well.........

interesting to see michael caine saying ledger surpassed the performance that jack nicholson gave portraying the joker in 89. hopefully the guy wins an oscar on merit rather than a sympathy vote thing.

17. IEMC

He definitely will. Best acting I've seen in a long while. He went all out for the part and it shows.

Wouldn't be as good as it is without Heath Ledger.

18. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Batman f*ckin rocks. And I am pretty hard to please.

19. zaim

zaim Well-Known Member

lol I'd hate to be your partner then =P

I was so impressed with the movie..... The movie didn't drag on one bit considering the length of it! =)

20. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Heath will at least nominated for Best Actor, I also think that Aaron Eckhart should get a supporting actor nod (though I doubt he'll win). It's too early to say if Ledger will get the Oscar...the best films of last year didn't even come out until Nov/Dec and there could be an even better performance (unlikely unless Daniel Day Lewis made another flick :D).