the new Razer drivers anyone tried ??

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by gibbon565, Apr 8, 2003.

1. gibbon565

gibbon565 Bouncy BOUNCY!

Anyone tried the new XP Razer boomslang drivers for XP ?? man what a difference ;) and I cant believe they actually got a set out tbh ...hehe but it's nice to see updates are still being made to the site after ages! http://www.razerzone.com/ Well I dug out my old Razer to give it another try and now I know why I bought it in the first place. What a mouse and more dpi than any other mouse on the market.

2. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

I've always wanted to get a Razer, but I was waiting for XP drivers to come out first. I take it that the XP drivers completely rock?

3. gibbon565

gibbon565 Bouncy BOUNCY!

Well yes :D man I love my boomslang :lol:

4. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

I currently have a Microsoft Wireless Intellipoint mouse, and while it's a good mouse, I always have the sensitivity as high as the computer will let me for gaming... and I can feel the lack of resolution then. I can move the mouse physically to within something like .2mm of where I want it to go, but when the mouse will only move in fits and jumps of 2-3px, I can't aim as accurately as I should... do you have a Boomslang 1000 or 2000? I've been looking at the 2000, but I've heard that they are significantly more fragile...

5. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

Toshiro

If you lower you sensitivity, your mouse will move 1 pixel at a time.
    At least it does with mine. ;)

6. hasher

hasher if u got some ,pass it around

nice but i want now a 2500 dpi optical :)

7. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

Yep, I know, but then my reflexes will be shot - the way I play, my arm never moves, only my wrist - ~1.5" = 360 turn, and anything less sensitive than that will just mess with the way I like to game ;)

8. Sourcer_2002

Sourcer_2002 BANNED

Not like im one to care about blowing money on my comp i find this mice a little over priced.

9. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

Over priced? With my hand problems and the amount of time I would be spending on the mouse... I think it would be worth it. I would much rather have a very nice keyboard, a very nice mouse, a very nice monitor, and then a mediocre rig than the other way around. I won't miss 10fps that much - I will miss a comfortable keyboard, quality monitor, and quality mouse, because those are the things that I am really _using_ most of the time...

10. Sourcer_2002

Sourcer_2002 BANNED

well i have a great soft key keyboard from BestBuy like 14 bucks have all the mulitmedia keys i dont use lol....and a nice optiocal logitech mouse from wal-mart for like 25 dollars. Suit me fine. And yes i cant stand "hard" keyboards.