The new technology

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by bearnard bale, Mar 3, 2021.

1. bearnard bale

bearnard bale Member

Starlink is a satellite internet constellation being constructed for providing satellite Internet access. Also, I`ve heard that they can be used for some military purposes but I have some doubts. Now we have a beta version of Starlink that is why a lot of people are dissapointed with the quality of the internet connection but I hope that in the nearest future it will be fixed.

arb65912 likes this.
  2. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

So cable companies competition? :D

bearnard bale likes this.
  3. bearnard bale

bearnard bale Member

So actually, this is a unique project by Space X. I it seems to me that it`s rather good for humans to have such source of the internet. Especially those areas where internet connction is very poоr or doesn`t excist at all. The price is a bit high now for the Starlink internet and the quality is so satisfying, but let`s hope for the bes and for good development of that project.

arb65912 likes this.
  4. SpaceJac111

SpaceJac111 New Member

I'm sure that the most useful technology for space exploration is uncrewed spacecraft. Look at the recent achievements — Perseverance and Ingenuity (which recently took its first flight). Scientists had already landed probes on comets and asteroids. There's no sense in putting people at risk and spending lots of money on crewed missions. Am I right?

5. bearnard bale

bearnard bale Member

Yeah, I like your point, yeasterday, I`ve read an article about the launch of Ingenuity helicopter. Interesting fact that the rotor speed was approximately 5x what would have been needed to lift the same weight here on earth due to the low air pressure/density. They plan on using larger aircraft in the future to move scientific packages around but they will have to have correspondingly fast rotor speeds or larger rotors to compensate for the difference in density.

6. bearnard bale

bearnard bale Member

That's a pretty great achievement for the Perseverance mission and for whole space exploration area. Excellent work by NASA's scientists and engineers. I guess that this flight will help humans in futher Mars exploration and of course it will help in making the first crewed mission to the red planet

7. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Personally I think that we have enough problems right here on earth. The only reason I can see space being immediately useful is in the case of mining.

8. bearnard bale

bearnard bale Member

This is a nice idea, however it can cause inner international conflicts that can lead to wars. I agree with you that in the future such concept of further exploration of Mars and the usage of this planet would be nice if some mining process is involved.