The offical "thanks Chris W for Radlinker" Thread

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by HardwareHeaven, Jun 28, 2005.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

ChrisW has been one of the pioneering tweaker makers for ATI hardware with his extremely popular Radlinker application, and its with a heavy heart he has decided to stop development of Radlinker, most of you will have seen this notification on Omegadrives site recently www.omegadrivers.net - Omega has bundled this tool with his drivers for many months.

Chris has also been very active on Driverheaven.net supporting his tool and helping many people.

Its unfortunate in this industry that many people dont perhaps get the credit for their work and efforts so id like this thread to be a place for everyone to be able to say "thank you Chris", in their own way.

2. patje

patje Former Mobility Modman

Lemme be the first to thank you for doing your part in serving the community!
    I know how timeconsuming something like this can be. you get tons of emails where you have to explain the same thing over and over. But in the end you get a lot of respect and recognition. you did a great job, and your work will not be forgotten for a long time.

May good things come to you!

3. yoda133113

yoda133113 New Member

I can't say that I used your ap often, but for a time I used it, and I gotta say thanx for all the hard work that you put into making it, and testing it.

4. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Many thx... I auto-OC'd for many months with Radlinker bundled with the Omega drivers. It was a nice combo for sure!

5. starfury6

starfury6 Dark Jedi

I'm using Radlinker to overclock and change settings per game on the wifes 9800 Pro and the card would not be anywhere near as god without it.

Thanks for all your work Chris, and all the support you;ve given out here. I hope your new ventures are as interesting.

6. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

It's people like you Chris that help the computer industry develop and move on, Who knows maybe you were the butterfly flapping it's wings that introduced the masses to the adventures of overclocking or turned the heads of the folks of ATI to develop Overdrive.

Thanks for your time and most excellent work, and I hope we'll see new projects coming from you in the near future. :)

7. e v o

e v o New Member

Been using radlinker for a bit now. I love how light weight it is, and all the functions it still offers.

Can't wait to see what else you have in store

Ben

8. Louie6666

Louie6666 Just One Sick-Lizard

Thank - You for all you hard work!

Been using Radlinker for quite some time & have always found it to be of the highest quaility. Good luck with all your future projects!

:)

9. Omegadrive

Omegadrive Drivers? What Drivers???

Of course, I can't be left out of these "thanks", I have a lot of thanks to give to ChrisW, he had lots of patience with me and helped my drivers stand out of the rest, thanks to his work. I was deepely sad when he told me he would stop development since I had lots of plans for us, but anyway, MANY THANKS CHRIS!, and God Bless you and help you in whatever project u may take now. :)

10. Crisao23

Crisao23 New Member

I think you should start thinking about a comeback man.

RADlinker should be the official ATI's control panel. At least they should buy the idea/concept from you.

Radlinker is amazing, almost no memory footprint, impressive amount of tweaks.

Please do not stop developing it.

Thanks for your hardwork.

11. Y2Stu

Y2Stu Member

Just like to say a massive thanks and its a shame thats such a superb ATi Third party app is stopping!

12. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

Ever since buying my 9500pro in what seems ages ago I have been blessed by RadLinkers existence. Coming from a Kyro2 I would never have guessed that the other manufacturers would be so slow to supply their users with per-game configurations. That's for the past, and in the present if there was not RadLinker I would not be using an ATI card right now. I'll keep using the latest version as long as I can as it serves me perfectly with my current system. Even if this would indeed be the end you have my eternal gratitude. Thank you ChrisW.

13. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I am really not a "joiner" when it comes to new software or getting behind large groups of people that say they actually "use" a product, but when it comes to RADLINKER, I can truthfully say I use it everyday with all my computer products, as an ATIphile and a supporter of all ATI products. I am dismayed that RADLINKER will become history now, but then all things change I know.
    I hope that a newer and more sophisticated version will emerge to enable those of us on a budget to enjoy the fruits of your labors, we all perhaps can give a sincere bow of gratitude to someone that really gave us the edge in terms of performance and real enjoyment in the budget and high end consumer graphic market.....your product will be sadly missed.
    From me to you...thanx Chris W, for your efforts and your dedication, RADLINKER will be missed.

14. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

thanks chris, good luck in your future ventures.

15. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Sorry to hear you are not going to continue your Radlinker tool, it was easy to use and offered many great undocumented features for us all to play around with.

Good luck in the future Chris W.

16. cypher_138

cypher_138 Watching 1984 unfold

Chris,

I'd like to thank you for all the time effort and support that you put into Radlinker. It is by far my favorite utility out there for ATI cards.
    You managed to write a program that had many features and little to no foot print on resources. The interface was very intuitive and it did what it was supposed to do without all the BS. Radlinker is proof that you're a lean mean programming machine.

Though I'll be sad to see work on this project cease, I respect your decision. It was a great run and I wish you the best on your future endeavors.

17. pigdog

pigdog New Member

I can only echo the sentiments that have already been put forth. The greatest thing about Radlinker for me was that it's ease of use gave me the confidence to have a go at the whole overclocking thing.

This lead me into all sorts of other areas of "tinkering". I can honestly say that if it wasn't for Radlinker, I'd be a much greater noob than I am now.:oops:

And I probably would'nt have had ended up confident enough to go out and build my own machine, then see just what I could do with it.

Thanks heaps, and good luck with whatever you're planning on doing next.

I'm sure we'll hear more from you!:)

18. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Many thanks for creating that nifty little tool, Chris. Always enjoyed playing with the settings...hehe ;) :D

19. Ðamage™

Ðamage™ New Member

Chris, many many thanks for all the work you've done over the years, I've counted on your program radclocker since I bought my first ATi card and by far it is the easiest and "best" tool to use for me. Ah shit I'm gettin all misty eyed again.. oh wait.. ok I think I have it under control now.. LoL :D :D Thanks again bro.

20. [ACX]GHost

[ACX]GHost New Member

Well I already posted in another thread, but once again, Thanks !!!