The Official "I got a 7800GTX" thread

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Kombatant, Jun 24, 2005.

1. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I'm working my ass off and selling a lot of things I own just to build a comp that is 1200 and 300 left over for my Fiance to go shopping with so I don't feel bad for making a computer. Its hard but if you want the latest and greatest it costs quiet a bit. You no I'm like most people who just want to go ahead and buy the latest technology thinkin I won't have to upgrade for 5 years or even 10. Because its not even fathomable for me to think anythign that would require this kind of hardware, except maybe advanced 3D Engineering. SLI is the best bet right now because it will make it easier for people to adapt to the advancments of technology and software. I've been a tech buff but this is the first time I'm actually getting into hardware and software and building my own PC. Thinkin bout tryin to a Bach. in Computer Hardware Engineering, ifno tech, or somethign along those lines because it is the only thing that really keeps my attention and that my brain absorbs. Wow I guess that was off topic, but thanks to the DH comunity I can make informed decisions about hardware and software without being biased to one brand or another. I think Nvidia is the best way to go as of right now.

2. LuCifer

LuCifer DH sig maker!

I Couldnt agree with you more my friend... I too have been working my ass off but not for new computer but a 7800GTX :drool:

3. bake15

bake15 New Member

just got one today :w00t:
    its my first nvidia card and im very impressed :cool:

4. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

I was reading an article in this months issue of CPU magazine.The article is called"nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX"The last sentance reads"ATI has delayed it's next generation R520 architecture ,but even so,it's going to take something mighty special from the company{ATI} to even catch up to nVIDIA."

5. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Looky waht I found http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130237 If you not getting a deal on any other 7800GTX. I found a deal with that gave me a free awsome mobo but its gone now :( ass soon as that deal comes back I'll get it. if it doesn't then I'm getting this card in the future. I'm tryin make soo much money so fast its insane. Buyin a new computer will rock and totally be worth it though. It may take me a month but I will have an uber pc before F.E.A.R. comes out.

6. [em]HEAT

[em]HEAT New Member

Hi all, it's my first post here. I seen this thread and I had to put my first post in here. :) anywho, here are mine. Sorry the pic is so fubared, I have a crappy camera.

[​IMG]

7. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

sli setup, very sexy. hope you have a good PSU with those :)

8. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Well the 7800GTX is apprently a very low power card ain't it? Damn I want a SLI system! :D

9. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

SLI is a great principle, however I think ATI's implemention will be much superior. I mean how many times has a top game been released only for the end user with SLI unable to use it until Nvidia eventually release a driver update? even if ATI's hardware isnt going to be as powerful at least everything will benefit from dual card and not dependant on a driver profile that may not even appear for months (or at all!).

10. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

I just thought of some thing. They should have a team that does only this. So you then could go to their site, and download profiles for specific games.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  11. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I can't afford two of those puppies. It is not really worth it right now anyway, so I'll save my money.

12. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

Chances are, if the game is hot, there will be profiles out in some form or fashion upon the game's release. I do agree that ATI's profile-less method is a more elegant solution on paper, but we have yet to see it in practice.

Update: I just checked out NVIDIA's NZONE site concerning SLI compatibility, check this out: SLI Zone

There's a link to a guide on how to make your own profiles and a web form you can fill out to request profiles for upcoming driver releases. So I guess some form of "SLI Profile" team does exist..

13. dipstick

dipstick New Member

Nah, its very easy to make your own profiles. My favorite tool for managing and making profiles easier is nHancer(also unlocks new AA methods which work great with some games, especially older ones) No doubt that not even having profiles is much easier though...no argument there:)

nHancer
    http://www.nhancer.com/

14. No_Style

Thanks for that. Although, I'm currently not using my SLI capability, it'll be helpful in the future.

15. dipstick

dipstick New Member

NP, although you can use it even if you dont use SLI. Its neat because it saves your profiles so if you reinstall drivers you dont have to redo all of them. Also you still have access to the new AA modes and that site is a good place to find premade profiles:)

16. Necrosis

I finally bit the bullet, and ordered one. Hope you're all happy now!!

17. No_Style

Was it because of the 7800 Ultra's cancellation? Hitting the limitations of the X800XL (Outstanding bang/buck card, BTW)? This threaded dedicated to showing off GTX's and you wanted to post here too because it's the cool thing to do? Or all the above? :D

BTW, which one did you get? eVGA?

18. Necrosis

the XFX OC or whatever it's called.

Actually there two basic reasons.

1. Compare with the rest of my specs the X800XL doen't quite fit in.

2. Dual DV-I finally to feed both my panels.

It still was a hard sell since the X800XL is still a great card. However, it will make someone else very happy. I have a friend interested in it right now but if that person doesn't want it then it's going on DH. I'm thinking $150.00 + Shipping. You are right thought about the Ultra being cancelled did help to push me over the edge.

19. No_Style

Be sure to share some OC results (If you do decide to OC). Both my BFG 7800 GTs do 480/1180 :D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2005
  20. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

Congrats!!!Quite a card huh?