The Outcome Of My Horrible Bad Luck Post.

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by mikehud851984, Jan 27, 2008.

1. mikehud851984

mikehud851984 New Member

So if you didnt read my previous post entittled My Horribly Insane Bad Luck (or something like that) post then go find it if you want to understand what I am about to post. In regards to my 2900XT that died due to my terrible fall down a flight of stairs carrying my comp. Newegg is going to refund my money because they claim there is no comparable replacement so I will just take the money which is $389 that I paid for it and I will buy a Hd3870 for about $140 cheaper but about the same performance and save money. As for the girlfriend that dumped me right after it happened we are now back together and are getting married on July 12,2008 and we couldnt be happier. Thank you all that had read my previous post and gave me your words of wisdom, much appreciated.

2. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

Congrats man ! :)

3. IEMC

IEMC Neighborhood screw up.

How do you go from broken up to getting married in under a month?

Get her pregnant?

4. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

That is so cool man. I like happy stories. :)

PS You did well with Newegg refund and new graphic card too but the marriage thing is by far the best bit of your two threads. We'll be expecting the same outcome from all future hardware threads from this moment on... :D

5. PangingJr

PangingJr Member

LOL cozumel.

6. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

That's great news man, I'm surprised newegg would give you your money back considering it's accidental damage o.0
    Looks like you struck gold :)
    I'm running a 3850 and tbh even this blows my mind after being stuck with an X1550 for so long (God i'm starting to hate the number 50 xD) Oh, and good luck with the wedding :D

7. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

I'm glad to heat that all worked out in the end for you. :) That HD3870 should suite your rig just fine. :) Now start saving for the wedding ;)

8. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

thats awesome man......

9. mikehud851984

mikehud851984 New Member

Thank you all your the reason I love this site so much I can get all my tech questions answered and a little bit of therapy on the side lol. No but I did not get her pregnant but we are doing fine now and the way I see it is how can you truly know if you can spend the rest of your life with someone if you have not encountered there best and there worst side. We have been through alot and we believe if we can still find a reason to be together and want to be with eachother then what the hell why not. Thanks for all your support on both subjects I hope to see more good outcomes of horrible situations like this.

10. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Don't get into any more situations like this? :D
    That works as well y'know ;p

11. mikehud851984

mikehud851984 New Member

Well What I meant was if anyone esle should end up in a situation that they may have as good an outcome as well.