The people want it!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Senor_Mota, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

In a recent poll taken by NORML(the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) and High Times, over 75% of the American population included in this test base(about 300,000 individuals) agreed that Mairjuana legislation should not be enforced. A majority of the subjects included in the poll had been smoking, buying, selling and/or growing said plant for over 20 years. :eek:

On a similar note, the legalization of Hemp is also under the magnifying glass of legislation.

Three out of Four people agree...gettin' high is the way to be!

2. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

Raich vs. Ashcroft should make things more interesting very soon.

3. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

please note id say about 98% of those polled were pot heads
    I'd asume the polls were in sites that only pot head visit or in places that pot heads hang out :D eaither way mostky pot head give carp most no pott heads ignore said polls or not aware of thier existance :D ...then again others if the polls were online many were not even in thein the US...most people wouldn't see nor have anything to do with a pot poll if they weren't already users....

If they legalize pot then they need to legalise all drugs
    and sell them in elementry and high schools k-12

nuff said....
    end of issue....

4. TJ-

TJ- New Member

your crazyyy.... all drugs you say, what the heck does heroin have to do with weed,, sell them in elementry schools...????????? sure just like they get those little terds drunk at lunch time.... put that reefer down cowboy....

5. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

Don't create a stereotype for a stoner because of your lack of knowledge in this practice. I said a majority of the people had been growing, selling, etc. for over twenty years, not all of them. In fact, 44% of the people included in the poll had not previously used marijuana, they just stated their opinion on the subject. I would imagine a great deal of the American public who does not smoke weed would want Marijuana legalized simply for the fact that it would eliminate illegal drug trade in that area. Plus, if it was legal, the government could tax it, put chemicals in it, and sell it in small amounts just like they do with cigarettes. Furthermore, Marijuana's parent plant, Hemp, is the most versatile flora on the face of the planet. It can be woven for extremely durable textiles, the oil from Hempseeds contains no fat, double the protein and soluble fatty acids of peanuts, and one 2 1/2 foot tall Hemp plant can produce as much paper as a 7 1/2 foot tall tree.

Why not legalize? George Washington grew Hemp, why can't I? And how would you not benefit from it?

6. Xx#1BallerxX

Xx#1BallerxX Driver Heaven's MVP

good point

7. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

while i think the test base for this is undoubtedly biased.....i do agree with the outcome...legalize it and tax it to pay down the national debt

8. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

though i am against this issue, many of those who are also against it are against it for the simple reason that it is a drug. Yet they do not compare it to alcohol or tabacco… i wonder what such a person would say if they were confronted with the following statement; "ok, if weed shall be illegal, we need to make it uniform. Therefore all recreational drugs are to be banned, this includes alcohol and tabacco."

9. Senor_Mota

Senor_Mota 悪魔の方法

1. Prohibition never worked because our leaders are all alcoholics and womanizers.

2. Most car-related deaths are caused because of the consumption of alcohol.

3. The medical bills accrued every year from Cirrohsis of the liver and other alcohol-related complications could pay for the national debt.

4. Many of the crimes commited in this country are commited while the assailant(s) is under the influence of alcohol.

The worst crime a pothead would ever commit is stealing a twinkie from the store because he's got "The Munchies". It's a stereotype, but damn, it's close to the truth. ;)

When you look at the "pros" and "cons" of Marijuana, they end up being a great deal more "pro" than "con", which can't be said about booze. :)

10. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Weed is a narcotic just the same. So is tobbaco but it's allowed becouse it effects are nominol and there is little danger to anyone but the users. Plus the goverment raked in hundreds of billions in taxes on tobbaco products....
    People don't die becouse they've smoked a cigertte before they drove. Weed smokers have killed many... your going to say ut uh... well tell it to the family down her who's wife a doughter were killed by a semi / dumptruck running a red light. Parts of thier vehikle hit my moms car. Had she not givent them the curtsy to go ahead it is her that would be dead. Both the driver and the passanger were smokeing weed.

It makes the same since to say legalise "all drugs" and sell them in schools k-12.As it is to say legallize weed in any form (except for very strict medical use.)

So you think we will have any less users if it available at every corener store? you see a massive jump in all drug users. Weed is also a gate way drug that opens the door to overcomeing your inhabitions about trying harder core drugs. Turn good girls in to gona-sifla-aid ridden whores with bastard children I know alot of people all all such driugs do is totally screw up thier lifes...

thier illegal for good reason.....

Lack of knowledge? u must be a weeb user[​IMG]
    if lack of knowleadge some one has a lack of knowledge
    in this area it's not me

Sorry I've know many users... I've also had a bother who's went from a A sudent to a kicked out of shool and instituiolised and in and out of jail 80% of his life. He drinks alachol on smokes weed any more.... it a long drawn out story his life has went from promiseing to "total s***" all thinks to drugs. He stared with alchol then weed... after that everything that you can imagine...

As for hemp haveing uses, hemp isn't illegal it sold in local stores it's
    not made from the leaves as is weed, so still there is no reason to legalise pot.people want to legallise pot so they can smoke it and but it for less.

You don't know how low it is to see a family where this 12 , 13 year old kids a thier moms and boyfriend all setting around smokeing pot togeather!!. I'm sure the 3 or 4 year old getting a freqent contact buzz will be a user two Thats horrable... Yet it happens...

As for drg polls like I said only users really care enough to particapate
    I mean wow a poll at a site like potheads.com wonder why the "non smokers":rolleyes: meaning they smoke it ust don't admit it would be visiting there....

If you want to moke that fine but is should be, is and will contenu to be illegal.

Nope you see multi trillion dallor drug programs needed, You'll see drugs take over. your see the enconomy grind down... so less taxes will be collected else were becouse less good will be made an sold. you'll see a magor nation wide problem... that would leve no choice but to make weed illagal again a hope one day to repair our socity....

uless you propeseing something out ragous $100 per ounce tax [​IMG] ...
    and make it highly illegal to grow it at home.

becouse if you tax it people will just grow it themselfs = no tax
    you'd also see alot of people growing it and selling it andthe govment getting no taxes

NO MATTER WICH WAY YOU WORK IT IT WILL SCREW UP SOICTY AND IT WILL NOT BE TAXABLE OR CONTROLABLE....

IT WILL SPAK A NATION WIDE BOOST IN ALL STREET DRUG USE......

Tobbacco and achocl should be illagal... but thier effects are nominol when responceably used....Also the govmn't makes hundreds of billions of the taxes .. not to mention big tobbaco etc who have $$ lobbists... and um give big contrubutions (a legal form of bribe) to keep the wheel ruuning smooth...

My granpa smoked my unkle drunk... As for thier effects as my gandpa who died from lounge cancer and my unkle whos dieing from whats basically liver cancer....

Tell you guys what, they should legalise weed butin the only logical way it should be posined, as to give the effect of DEATH after the 1st use thats the only compromise that would work.... But i doubt many would support it [​IMG]

It would do well for population control you reaslise some things that are un safe are allowed to help with population control!

11. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

hahaha,
    well if High Times says so, it must be true, and not bias in any way, shape, or form.