The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by No_Style, Nov 28, 2003.

1. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

No, this is not Half Life 2. And no this game doesn't have anything to do with Half Life 2, but one thing is for sure this game would not get the attention it deserves if HL2 was released.

I don't say this often about a game which I haven't played yet but, this game is a prime candiate for GOTY and it deserves it too. Made by UbiSoft in Montreal, Canada it's one of the greatest gems in 3rd person action adventure. If you're looking for some great graphics, superb voice acting, acrobatic moves that are both fun to watch and perform: this game is it. Forget HL2 for now, kiddies, The Prince is back and he's gonna kick your ass 5 times before you hit the ground. (Yes, he has the ability to do it too :D)

I'll be playing it tonight and giving a review if I can peel myself away from it. :D

2. wertret

wertret Still watching...

I think you're right, a lot of games has benefit of the HL2 delay, that's good for us ;). I'm downloading the Prince of persia trailer to take a look..

3. wertret

wertret Still watching...

4. Raider1

Raider1 There is always next year

Yes i saw a review of it on Xplay looks like a kick ass game when is the realease date so i know when to get a copy?

5. DriveEuro

DriveEuro New Member

I spent the night last night getting my copy of it;) and I haven't installed it yet but I really want to. I've been watching Spike TV all weekend (james bond weekend) and they show the Prince of Persia commercial like everyother commercial break.

6. No_Style

Well

I just finished my 3 hour binge of PoP! It couldn't stop~! The release date is either Dec 2nd or Dec 5th. I wish there was a way to display the FPS cuz I'd really like to know what I'm getting. I know for a fact that at certain parts of the game I'm getting low FPS. I don't understand why there's 1280 x 960 and not 1280 x 1024. I'm playing at the 1280 x 960 and it's running alright. There hasn't been FPS problems which affected gameplay yet, just those save points are giving me some slight noticeable drops. I'm gonna try without VSync.. but if I see tearing I'm switching it back on.

7. DriveEuro

DriveEuro New Member

Re: Well

People play games with vsync on? HAHAHA, didn't know that.;)

8. Markius

Markius New Member

Re: Well

download a program called FRAPS....it is a great little program for getting your FPS,screens and even vids of gameplay!

9. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

The game really sounds nice i think ill give it a go.

10. CoCheese

CoCheese New Member

Bought this game for my cousin as an early X-mas gift. I've yet to play, he's been hogging it all this time, the bastage!

11. Optimummind

Optimummind Banned

OMG, this is only the second game in a long while to get me really excited! The first one was the FPS being worked on by Croteam--I forgot the name of the game at the moment.

I downloaded the trailer and I was totally blown away by its graphics, excellent voice-acting, cinematic sequences, and gameplay mechanics (whatever I could observe from a video anyways).

Since I was majorly disappointed with the new direction found in Deus Ex 2, maybe I'll spend that money on this game instead!! :D

12. No_Style

Re: Re: Well

I almost always play with VSync on. IQ goes way way up when you don't see distortion when you do turns and what not. It's especially noticable on bigger monitors. :D

13. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

yes this game is brilliant but be aware there is an issue on ATI cards with AA turned on and the water. looks like a splinter cell issue all over again (same company).

[​IMG]

havent had a chance to see if its the same with nvidia boards/drivers or not.

14. No_Style

What are your average frames?

I don't play with AA on so it's no biggie, but frames are you all getting? I'm slamming on Vsync so my frames are between 25 - 35

15. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

over 60fps when I last looked.......

16. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

you will have your chance to play it soon.

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32326

17. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Just got this game ( I know the dude that works at the local EB :D they don't 'officially' release it until tomorrow ) WOW! It runs great on my 8500 with all options slammed at 1024x768 (any higher DOES bog though). This is quite a fun game, I must say. The pixel shader effects are very nice. The framerate floats between 30 and 70 FPS which is plenty acceptable for me. (but I wouldn't refuse a free 9800XT ;) HEY Santa....)
    One of the things I like about the game is the fact that it works with a game controller, I was a little worried that it was gonna FORCE me to use a keyboard & mouse. I don't like KB&M control for action games. I guess it's just a throwback to my console days, never could get used to playing with KB&M. That must be why I'm not into (or very good at) first person shooters. But it supports game controllers and works just fine with my Logitech Rumblepad.

That time-reverse feature is really fun to play with. I rate this game pretty high on the coolness-factor.

I'm running the 3.10 beta drivers with the ati3d2ag.dl_ file from the 3.5 hotfix drivers, that combo has been extremely stable for me.

MAN! Has there been some great games released lately or what?!? NFSU, LOTR-ROTK and now this. I'm in gaming bliss as I haven't been in a long itme. :w00t:

18. No_Style

19. No_Style

The reverse time thing

Reminds me of playing Super Metroid or any game that requires precise timing and jumping with the ZSNES emulators. LOL It's just like Loading Saved States! BUT LEGIT and not consider cheating! :lol:

20. tragic

tragic New Member

Just starting playing this game and loving it. Gotta be pretty nimble i see, what with all these wall runs and whatever but really good fun for now.

Still on the first mission and trying to get the bloody dagger from statue head, just can't get up there yet.:sigh: