The US and Canada

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by BWX, Dec 10, 2004.

1. vince3425

vince3425 New Member

what do you mean by that raid? how is it that you are calling other people racist and then making comments about another group of people?

2. raid517

raid517 New Member

I think it is safe to refer to a certain group of people who's views you disagree with as 'you people.' Where it starts to become wrong and very out of line is if you refer to a group of people as 'you people' based soley on their race or their nationality.

And I caught your edit as this is what was sent to me in your original post:

Well that shows what you know. You don't have to be black or Mexican to suffer from racism. Racism can come in many forms - a belief that you or your country is somehow superior to everyone else on Earth, a dislike of the views or opinions of anyone outside of your country who does not agree with your opinion, a belief in your nations 'right' to dominate other nations and/or to punish them when they dare to not agree with you - and a general dislike towards people outside your country based purely on an instinctual sense that they are naturally inferior simply because they do not share the same nationality as you.

That's pretty much a dictionary definition of racism.

I have said it in the past and I will say it again here. I reserve the right to discriminate against those that would discriminate against those weaker or more unfortunate than them, I swear to hate with all of my heart those who see it as justifiable to promote hate towards others based on purely racial or religeous grounds - and I will seek always to display an extreme pedudice towards those who display predudice towards other nations and people's of the Earth, simply because they feel that these people somehow have less right to exist than they do.

So while racists, biggots, homophobes and xenophobes everywhere may not be very likely to recieve a Christmas card from me this side of hell freezing over, at least the people I dislike makes better reading than saying you dislike blacks, Mexicans, French and Canadians (all of whom have been the but of many disparaging comments on these threads) just because they are different than you.

It remains interesting that none of you guys have taken the opportunity to say that you think comments like this based on race or nationality alone are wrong and that they should be discouraged.

I think that is the most telling thing of all in this entire debate.

GJ

3. vince3425

vince3425 New Member

i'm not racist, i hate everyone equally. i didn't say you were wrong. it just sounded odd calling them racist then having a remark like that. my original post sounded just as bad

4. raid517

raid517 New Member

Mmm... Well I don't think it's wrong to hate people who hate... I don't think there will be any appeals for anyone to 'adopt your local biggot' any time soon.Nor do I think there is ever likely to be a public holiday called 'be nice to a racists day', do you?

It might sound silly, but it wouldn't be the first time I have been called racist here for being very short tempered with people who often expressed blatantly racist opinions here in the past. Racists often think they have a perfect right to their views, wereas I very much don't.

In my eyes attitudes like that pretty much disqualify you from the rest of human race, so you more or less deserve everything that's comming to you.

As I said it is really a very simple choice. You either condem it or you condone it - and by opting not to condem it, your are very much opting to condone it.

If attitudes like this are indeed amusing to you - then you should be under no illusion at all about what exactly this makes you.

GJ

5. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Hate is vicious and is passionette and consuming....very destructive and leads down the darker path to spiritual immolation..

6. BWX

BWX get out and ride

OIC, two wrongs make a right.

7. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

I don't suppose people realize that it's sensationalist television, and they'll put serious people (the Canadian) and radical-for-the-sake-of-being-radical tongue-in-cheek people (Mr. Bowtie) next to each other to see what happens?

8. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

Well, some of us do Toshi, and that's why I find it so funny when the people that don't get it get their panties in a wad :rofl:

9. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

I think Canada is too peaceful, we need to up their minority rate and cram them into the cities to cause the chaos we have here in the states.

10. TJ-

TJ- New Member

Canada is definatly not peaceful, people were gettin murdered,raped,robed,assulted,abducted etc on a daily basis when i used to live there... But compared to the U.S i guess you could say that is peaceful...:lol:

11. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

if your a criminal... canada is the place to be.. :p

12. Dizmo123

Dizmo123 New Member

I think those people forgot to do their homework. The US did try to invade canada 3 times.. but they failed because they were beaten by whom? THE FRENCH... :rofl:

13. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I get Canadian channels and Canadian news down here- I swear to God sometimes it sounds worse up there. Well, almost..

14. TJ-

TJ- New Member

hahahahahaahahahaahaha...those damn french......:D

15. Ubergrendle

Ubergrendle Semper ubi sub ubi

urban population

You haven't been to Toronto, have you? "White European" descendants are a minority (< 48%) according to the last census.

16. digerati

That means they're a combined 47%, unless Black, Asian, or Mexican is higher than 47% on its own it doesn't make white a minority, it makes white the minority but it doesn't them a minority fighting for control lol.

17. digerati

Yeah but it wasn't like we as a whole nation declared War on Canada, we pushed the French back to Canada and were like
    "Hmmm, while we're beating the French back why not see if we can go and get more land while we're at it?"

Bad plan, we got pwnt.