The Witcher 3 Next Gen Upgrade Free for Current Owners

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Sep 4, 2020.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

CD PROJEKT RED announces plans for a next-generation update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X which will include ray tracing support and faster load times. This will be sold as a standalone release, but for everyone who already owns the game for Windows, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4 it will be a free upgrade. Here's word:We’re working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Trusteft likes this.
  2. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Wow - this is really good news. This might be my favourite game of all time but that said I don't know if I have another playthrough left in me. I have played and completed the game about 4 times now, well over 1000 hours!

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I would actually consider playing this through again with the added features.

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I played through the first one 5 times! I have played the 2nd one, and then Wild Hunt twice.

5. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

It would be cool if there was a small strory expansion along with the update, My Geralt is currently in bed at Corvo Bianco - a short quest in or around Toussaint would give players a chance to check out the new visuals.

6. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i might actually buy the game perhaps.