theater 550 problems

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Blazer, May 12, 2005.

1. Blazer

Blazer Tweeker

Ok, I bought a Saphire Theatrix tv tuner card, thinking that it would play with the ATI MMC software, being as it stated so on their website, and also states it in their manual. This was an upgrade from a TV Wonder VE. and although I was impressed with the image quality, I am greatly disapointed with the software bundle that came with it. The Cyberlink power cinema software just doesn't cut it with me. I can't surf the web while watching my little screen in the corner anymore, and it doesn't remember the channels on screen. I have to use the remote to change channels, and when I complained to ATI, I got the following responce.
    Solved:
    (4/28/2005 12:29 PM EDT) TV Wonder Elite only supports the included Cyberlink software and not MMC. If you are encountering performance or software related issues, support will be provided by Cyberlink.

Last edited: May 14, 2005
  2. Blazer

Blazer Tweeker

and then I posted this with ATI
    There is no option to select the composite or s-video inputs from PowerCinema 3.
    This makes most of the adavnced features of the card usless.

So when will the card be supported by the ATI MMC? and if it won't I would like to know why not, after all you made the card.

and I have yet to recieve a responce from them.

Last edited: May 12, 2005
  3. Blazer

Blazer Tweeker

I finally got a responce from ATI :
    TV Wonder Elite was not developed to work with ATI MMC which currently is only supported by AIW products. To enable S-Video and Composite inputs for the TV Wonder Elite, you can configure Windows MCE 2005 to scan for available video inputs

Does this mean that I have to buy a new OS so that I can use this card to it's potential?
    I am beginning to get more than a little ticked off with ATI, does anyone in the forum have any ideas what my next corse of action should be? Who should I be talking to?

4. FearTheTerp

FearTheTerp New Member

Yeah, using Windows XP Media Center Edition would help it's functionality. I don't think ATI will add support for ATI MMC ever. They are release an update for PowerCinemad though which might add some more features like a program guide.

5. Blazer

Blazer Tweeker

And then I will have to shell out more cash for the update? :wtf:
    I don't think so.

6. ms2005

ms2005 New Member

I had the same problems, the guy you want to tell is Paul Lypaczewski, but they will not forward to exec's, you could try writing but I don't think they care. Try GB-PRV, it's not perfect but runs the card a lot better than cyberlinks junk, has an EPG, and is free. Snapstream works well but costs cash and does not support the remote, GB-PRV has some support if you try the various remote settings, I forget which one worked.

7. Blazer

Blazer Tweeker

You'r right, they don't care. this is the messege I got from them.

"The ATI MMC program is not designed for use with the TV Wonder Elite and most likely will never be. I cannot comment on why the decision was made to go with a third party application rather than using the MMC software"
    :mad: :sigh:
    This is poor customer support for a product built by them in my opinion, either that or misleading advertising, or both.

8. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

I've always been enticed by the price of the Sapphire Theatrix, but after Zardon said the TV card's software is trash, I put it aside as a purchasing option. It's a real shame. The card's hardware is top notch, yet the software is sub-par at best.

Have you tried using other software for it like, ChrisTV? or DScaler?

9. Surgical

Surgical New Member

I have got best opinion with Theatrix Tv-Card with latest drivers from Ati and Mainconcept PVR v1.1.3 software suite available from www.mainconcept.com.

Recommended.