Thief 3 will be fixed next Catalyst

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by HardwareHeaven, Jul 8, 2004.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

have you a game pad or controller device connected? ive heard of conflicts with some games........

2. Ignition

Ignition New Member

Zardon, you work for ATI?????

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I do have and had forgotten about that potential problem. I'll check this out and see if that's it. Thanks for the tip!

4. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

:D what makes you ask that?

;)

5. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

Great news, thanks Zardon!

Any chance you could pick ATI's brain once again and inquire when the City of Heroes flashing textures issue is slated to be fixed?

6. MurderOne

MurderOne New Member

ATI are aware that the flickering texture problem is also prevalent on the 9600 XT (256mb) card? From the text file in the catalyst drivers they only mention the latest ATI card so that's worrying me a bit. Especially as I bought the card to only play Thief 3!!!!!

I've only played a couple of levels on the game. I want all the issues resolved before i get my head down :D

7. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

I'd love to be able test it but I lack the $49.99 plus mouthy installment :rolleyes:

But I’ll let you in on a little secret

[​IMG]

Has a lot to do with it... that maker don't care much how it runs on ati hardware.
    NVIDIA give them big fat paycheck, make sure run good on nvidia

Some problems aren't the drivers fault and some are who knows... But I do know this meant to be played games always have problems, weather their later fixed or not. Maybe it the crappy NV CG compiler...

Weather it's just an amazing coincidence or a new tactic something is going on and it has a green logo…

EDIT: I'll tell you this on an off peak hour for their site to be over loaded and quite buggy just trying to view their FQA and support doc's I'm not impressed. I'm getting about .3k and a lot of INTERAL ERROR messages...

I'll start a new post on this very topic as not to hijack this one
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50322

Lets get back on topic ;)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2004
  8. Spellbot 5000

Spellbot 5000 New Member

The game does include a free month of play, so you could buy it and play around for a month and test out any grahic bugs, and then sell it on eBay. The fact that you'd have it for a month means you would also have a built up character that would let you sell the account for more than you originally paid for the game.

I've managed to pretty much get rid of the flickering by substituting the atioglxx.dll from the 4.2 driver set, but there are still a couple issues. Mainly I'd like to see some overall OGL performance improvements.