Thinking about getting a Dell 30" 3007WFP

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by azrael13302473, Jan 7, 2007.

1. azrael13302473

azrael13302473 New Member

So im thinking about getting a new dell 30" 3007wfp soon and im wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where i'd be able to get the best deal on it. My current system is on the signature. Also do revisions have anything to do with performance, I think i read somewhere that certain revisions have 14ms response times and others have 11ms. Can anyone confirm that? Also does anyone have one that can tell me how good its turned out? Any input would be great, thx.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Won't it be a bit too much for your graphics card?

3. azrael13302473

well im planning on getting the new ati r600 when it comes out if not an 8800gtx, but also a completely new system. oh also failed to mention i have crossfire going, i shoulda prob updated my sig heh.

4. PangingJr

PangingJr Member

check with our member named Judas, he may have an advice or two to give you.

5. azrael13302473

ok ill pm him, thanks

6. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Hey there,

I've had one for the past month and a half, brilliant monitor... would recommend to anyone.

Also - I have a spare one going cheap, so if you're uk based - drop me a message.

The monitor itself is 14ms grey to grey, 11ms average.

7. azrael13302473

Well now I started reading about the HP LP3065, and it seems its actually a better version of this monitor. Actually its got the specs of what the new version of the 3007WFP, the HC model, is supposed to be getting. It is about 500 or so more though at around $1700 vs $1300. Anyone think the upgraded specs are really worth it?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/07/hp-lp3065-30-inch-monitor-details-revealed/

8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

imo, the 3007WFP/FPW (however last letters are arranged) Revision A02 and A03's (A03 is what tasty said he had)... so far the revision differences are not known.... from what i've found on it anyways (actually googling brings up zero search results for the A03 model of the 3007)

reguardless, you've got x1900 crossfire like i do,

well

@ 2560x1600, crossfire REALLY shines, games run beautifully, quite a few run with 2x FSAA and 16x AF enabled at all times, solid 60fps nearly at all times.

Previous A01 and A00 models of the monitor had issues, but the A02 appears to have absalutely no issues aside from (if the contrast is set to maximum), you'll hear a dull buzz, VERY VERY quite buzz, not even noticeable enless you got absalutely nothing going on.

Tasty, you get a buzz on your A03?

The responce times imo, 14ms maximum, but it appears to be just as good as a 8ms lcd i've got hear, a little slower then a 4ms mind you, but still excellent, great color and saturation.

So far i've ran into very little trouble with 2560x1600, aside from a very few older games manually having to be set to 2560x1600, everything pretty much runs outa the box.

Oh, and DVD Playback on this brute is beautiful.

9. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

No buzz mate - well not that I've been able to hear anyway

10. Judas

it's highly unnoticeable enless your really paying damn good attention to it..

i've yet to hear it again myself since i've got some form of noise constantly roaring.. it's only noticeable when i turn absalutely everything in the building off and pay attention....
    reguardless, it's nothing to sneer at considering a real lcd tv makes alot more noise

11. azrael13302473

Well thats good to hear, that was another topic i recently had run into at some other places (the buzz). Either way i figured i wouldnt notice cuz my pc isn't the quitest thing in the world. So now im just waiting for my next check so I can order one of these, if not one of the HP's but Im really not sure how those have turned out. I kind of want the newer HP but at the same time thats 400+ dollars ill save if I went with the current dell model, and could put the money saved towards a new video card once the ATI R600 is release ;).

12. Judas

imo, the version differences aren't worth the big dollar.. specially with dells damn good rep they have with thier monitors and any issue may run into with them...

I'd go for the dell...

13. azrael13302473

yeah i was thinking the same, anyways do you guys know anything about dell's dead pixel policy and did u guys get any on ur monitors? This will be my first LCD i'll be actually buying, aside from my laptop which came with no dead pixels, but oh man I had a hell of a time getting a good screen when I went out to buy a nintendo DS lately lol. That kinda got me concerned about LCDs and dead pixels again.

14. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

I've had three and one of them had a blue stuck pixel - the others were fine.

Dell's policy is 0 dead pixels and 1-5 stuck pixels... that's what's acceptable

15. azrael13302473

sounds like a pretty good policy then.

16. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

I would have too recamend a new rig useing nVIDIA SLi tech.....Sorry,I just had too say that being as i'm an nVIDIA fanboy.....Have great fun with that big ole behamouth of a monitor.If Judas and Tasty sez it will work,then it will work.

17. Judas

I've had a total of 5 dells move through my hands..

i've had 1 pretty much Dead on arrival, they had no problem sending me another nearly emediately..

However 1 had several dead pixels or intermitent pixels, they seemed to work when i first fired up the monitor, but oventually after a few hours, seemed to slow and then freeze to a solid color, or most of the time, black. That was was replaced emediately as well.

All the others, have worked with no dead pixels out of the box, without issues.

The A01's had a slight backlighting issue that wasn't ALL that terrible, but it was very noticeable on dark backgrounds. A02 doesn't appear to have ANY issues aside from the "buzz" which isn't worth really mentioning enless your a Db crazy nut that wants everything beyond quite. And the A03, i still haven't a clue what the difference is.

You can find out emediately, when you receive this monitor, what revision it is when you look on the back of the monitor.

One thing i must add though, is the swivel and telescoping stand is brilliant, you can set up the monitor pretty much perfectly, atm, i've got my monitor bottom portion pretty much sitting on the desk, and slightly tilted upwards, it's extremely easy to adjust and it sticks to where you set it.

lol, and about hawgs sli recommendation, although yes SLI has it's obvious advantages, (and crossfire does to), The crossfire setup you've got (and i've got) pushes these brutes beautifully.

Basically the First and last dell have been rather

18. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

The CD's I promised U guys{U know who U are} are on the way.