Thinking About LGBTQ Students Japanese School Institutes Uniform Freedom

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

A junior high in Kashiwa, Chiba Prefecture is allowing students to mix and match uniforms how they please in an effort to be more aware of LGBTQ students’ feelings.

Considering how some teens pick schools on whether they like the uniforms or not and many students dig the getups, wearing the academic threads is less an issue. Students want to wear uniforms.

What is the issue are rigid gender definitions Japanese schools typically have regarding how uniforms are assigned and what students are traditionally expected to wear: skirts and ribbons for girls, and ties and slacks for boys.

[​IMG]

2. Acesty6

Acesty6 New Member

oh my that so good to hear but does is work is it fine that is so nice and supportive i am one of those people who really wanted to find freedom on wearing my own clothes identifying my sexuality i hope everyone supports us

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

how about any schools that don't impose silly dress codes?

IvanV likes this.
  4. Calliers

I think using the word "impose" here is not warranted. I mean, this school merely gives students more options, it doesn't impose anything on anybody.

5. Judas

they impose a dress code..... you're choice is limited to... their dress code... that is imposed...

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Come here, no dress code for students since the early 80s.

7. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

No dresscodes here either, don't think there's ever been any either. An exception for the posh schools that only the rich could afford but even those haven't had dresscodes for a long time.

I can see a point with dresscodes though, but only one. Less harassment because someone doesn't have the latest fashion or dresses like everyone else. Otherewise dresscodes are utterly pointless in my view. Getting even more pointless because the recognition of gender fluidity, people identifying differently than their genitals define them as. Get rid of the dresscodes instead of trying to adapt them because it might still force someone to dress in a way that feels uncomfortable.

8. Judas

gender fluid.... my ass.

It's nothing but fashion.... there was a point in which men were the ones that wore the high heels... dressed in reds/pinks... and wore fluffy dresses. It all goes around.. and comes around..... bell bottoms and the works.

9. Liqourice

Is your ass gender fluid?

If there's something I know it's about this. It's obvious you haven't got a clue.

10. Judas

feel free to explain then.

11. Calliers

@Judas you haven't even been in a relationship before, I mean go get some real life experience first. :p

12. Trusteft

That's not entirely relevant as we are talking about genders, not relationships or even sex.
    Now if you will excuse me, I need to drink.

13. Calliers

Oh no, he needs to figure out his sexuality first. Who knows, he might just swing the other way.

14. Judas

definitely don't swing the other way....

15. Liqourice

There are lots of people identifying differently. It's not just that some identify as the opposite of their biological sex, theres those who identify as both or none as well. You might think it's just a "fashion" or just an idea or whatever but they've been around for a long time. It's just in the last few years that they've started to feel that they can be what they really feel that they are. The way they prefer to dress is just an expression of themselves and who they feel they are.

I personally know quite a few that define themselves as gender fluid.

16. Judas

How is dressing a certain way an expression of something without it turning into something that's rather hypocritical.

I don't care how someone identifies as..... female, male.... trans..... furry, cat, dragon, shovel, airplane, 13 years old (as an adult). There's a point where identifications become irrelevant and a potentially dangerous delusion may legitimately be a problem even for those that unintentionally be near them. It's COMPLETELY irrelevant to the clothing one wears... and consequently, the root issue was some people, say a woman wanting to be a man and be identified as such would wear things and appear to resemble the man based on the stereotypical variables... which sure some of those variables are logical/reasonable assumptions made by the masses because it's still considered the norm to see a man with lets say short hair and whatever else tends to favor that initial assessment people make. The same for men that wish to appear like women, long hair, makeup... etc. Unfortunately some people cannot no matter how hard they try, present a salable projection of what they would prefer to identify as... no matter how short a woman cuts it up, and dresses it up to look more manly, some of them just look still like women.... and sadly some women no matter how much they dress themselves to look more feminine, still look more manly than even those TRYING to appear as men. The same can be said for men trying to appear as women, which arguably is even more difficult in some aspects depending on some things.

Regarding trans people.... a good portion of the community, one would say the grand majority of them, are in the PROCESS or have completed a transition one to the other.... most would prefer to be, in public/conversation, referred to their target gender (being the only technical 2 as male/female).. however MOST are completely fine and understand that given their appearances, are still going to be called him or her, and they are ok with that. "Trans" isn't a gender, it's just a discription of the current process/condition for the need of better accuracy... "Trans-man/Trans-woman" for example.

ANY other suggested gender is total and utter bullshit, there isn't any ifs or buts about it, it's just completely nonsensical, and giving any credit or support for a delusional thing by trying to insist on introducing the massive unending infinite number is entirely meaningless in the end, and it's worse when some of these jackasses have the gull to demeaning and slander, attempt to give shit to individuals that don't even know them or have never met them called something they don't identify as and they are offended.

What is gender fluid anyways... the fact that someone can dress however the hell they want? Is that based on the stereotype of whatever gender "normally" would wear... again fashion because that's the only thing they are changing.... it's not their biology.... their attitude doesn't suddenly become male.. or female... It's their own personality... The further you dive into the delusional genders and the non binary and other nonsense, the more these individuals end up being unaware of how sexist they themselves are... not the other way around claiming others are the ones being sexist. They rely on the stereotypes and the "normative" standards to remain in order to make their identification claim valid, and if the "equality" is actually managed, it's destroys their self identification because it's null/void.

Pure insanity...

17. Trusteft

Why do you (anyone who isn't one of these people) care what they do?
    It's none of your business what one wears.

18. Liqourice

Judas, you fail to understand. Just think about how it used to be for gay people, they had to hide who they really were for fear of being beaten, harassed and even killed for being different. This is much the same. Those that are gender fluid doesn't define themselves as any sex, they identify themselves as all sexes and no sexes. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or is insane, it's just you being narrow-minded.

If you identify yourself as not being male or female it doesn't feel right to be forced into wearing clothes that define you as one or another. People should be allowed to express themselves in a way that makes them feel comfortable, what is wrong with that?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  19. Judas

I don't care what people wear... i only care what other people tell me and other what they can wear... i'm not sure where you would have gotten any idea otherwise...

I don't deny that people "hiding" whom they are was absurd.... no one should... but there is a definite problem when a bloody 50 year old man insists they are a 8 year old girl. Dress whatever you like i don't care... just understand there is mutually incompatible attempts being done simultaneously by the so called same individuals... and they and the virtue signalers are making a mountain out of a molehill.

This is why the "I identify as an apache attack helicopter" became a meme... because there is quite literally no end to it as there is no way to present a point in which a clear mental condition starts or ends....

20. Calliers

Well, I don't know about you, but I definitely identify as a gaming computer.