This came from FarCry Forum

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by fortune1, Jul 7, 2004.

1. fortune1

fortune1 New Member

Why? I really do not understand. If CryTek wanted to take longer on the patch, then fine, still squashing bugs? All good to me, but please don't waste mine, and everyone else's time by suggesting a release date to websites, then not saying a word. That's really not good business, and it just makes you look bad.

Really, I love FarCry, one of my favorite games, the engine is amazing, but I'm really tired of forcing R300 mode on my card because for $580 I need to wait forever for this patch. I have had this card since June 3rd. Thats 1 month of waiting to play this game, "The way it's meant to be played."

I have no problem with CryTek delaying a patch, it just pisses me off that we hear nothing, nadda, zilch. You guys hyped up the patch by releasing it to 20 websites, then telling them it would be ready on July 5th. (Which is a holiday BTW) Hundreds of thousands of people have read the words July 5th = Patch release date. Now we hear nothing, recieve nothing.

Its like being late for a prom date. If your late for a prom date, you sure as hell won't get any lovin' that night.
    Me, I'm a FarCry whore, so of course I will give some lovin' regardless, but not everyone is like me

2. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

whoa like im a Farcry?!! (dont ask)

you checked the site right- the forum and stuff- the news on the patch- i understand what you mean dude- or dudette- i can get quite impatient with waiting (HL2..*wink*) - but its fine with me, in the mean time i still game with Farcry! atleast they gave an update on it- check thier main site out incase you havent- if you have disregard this!

-GAME ON-

"even after im burning in hell i will still game on"

3. dj6518

dj6518 New Member

I am in the same boat,have had my X800 for about a month now,i am also waiting for the quicksave feature as i am stuck on the pier waiting for the guy to come in the boat,but he never comes,so i exit the game and next time i have to start from the top of the hill all over again,must have done this about 5 times now.

4. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

i for one is awaiting this patch....also now in two minds of upgrade to my vga card.i have been waiting since monday and will be posting it on the front page as soon as or if im the first of the news posters who find it... so keep your eyes peeled on the FP.

prepare for a fairly large patch i have heard its in the region of 60-70mb.

thats most likely either a bug or you have not killed all the mercs in the area.look every where including the water.and the merc up on the tower with the rocket launcher.

you have to go to the edge of the peer.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004
  5. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

:D

check your objectives again ;) you are missing something I bet

6. dj6518

dj6518 New Member

Thx guys,as for my objectives,only one left is clear the area of mercs,but after checking the area for half hour each time i just give up,my bed hails me,if i had the quicksave option i wouldnt have to worry about reloading my checkpoint ontop of the hill.Still its the best game i have played since HL,so i realyy want that patch,hurry up Crytech...

Cheers,dj

7. MIG-31

i have played FC a few times and although most mercs are in a starting point of the same place,they do tend to wander of slightly.if he is not around the peer or in the water.look in the opposite direction with the binocs.... if the cursers zoom in head in that direction.

8. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

That level was pretty tough, but dont you think that maybe the quick save would kill the game? I mean its nice having a constant save option but sometimes I think they make games too easy.

9. El Kapitano

El Kapitano Most of the 7 dwarfs in 1

I agree. Farcry saves regularly enough you don't have to redo huge levels each time.

10. MIG-31

i like the saves as they are...... yep i have died a couple of times,but do tend to try a little different route when i approach the same spot again.

11. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Well some of my redo's have felt pretty huge. I am around level 15 or 16 and one redo seemed really long. Had to kill the guys over the rope bridge, kill some other guys, get a boat kills guys in the hills etc, etc...... Ok I am crappy at fps, but I was sure bored with the rope bridge by the time I got my next save 2 or 3 camps down.:sigh:

12. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

should keep all players happy

some like the games rough - others like it easy- quicksave should be placed within the game- i ran across some 'redos' and to a small degree it became annoying...over and over doing the same thing- but the challenge was great- made it feel better when i got through it! either way, just so all customers are happy- quicksave should be placed imo.

BTW?!- any news on the farcry expansion i think it is? - instincts or primal err somthin?! - sounds and looks cooL!

(quick question might be noob)- has any chip hit 4ghz yet? - GAME ON-

13. HardwareHeaven

put the game on easy level.

14. HardwareHeaven

Re: should keep all players happy

ive hit 4ghz with my extreme edition P4 on water.

15. ronnn

ronnn New Member

Easy level would be too boring! I think quick save is a nice feature, but can take the challenge out of a game if you over use it.

16. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

wow 4ghz...?!

OK DOES FARCRY HAVE RAIN? in it? i know within the game it doesnt, but can it be added? such lush graphics it should and winds woulda been cool, but the calm paradise feeling is still amazing!!

GAME ON

17. farmeunit

farmeunit New Member

quick save

You can quick save by using the console. Not sure exactly what command is and I'm not at my gaming rig, but it's something like \save_game. Look for cheats, I think that's where I found it. I kept get bad clipping on one of the indoor level with a big guy right after I flooded a room. None of my bullets would hit him, so I kept dying. And do it all over again. It sucked.