this is pure 100% bull shit!

Discussion in 'Flame Warzone' started by River, May 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. River

River -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

I posted a simple question in "comments, suggestions" about an article on this site, "How you can help DH" and the subject of that article was about installing a 3rd party tool bar from Alexa.

The reason for my post was to ask a very simple and basic question as to why this 3rd party add on was being recommended. Several persons replied, stating their point of view, as well as the intentions of the Alexa tool bar.

I then responded to these posts stating that I understood what the posters were saying, and thanked them, but that I still felt like it was a "catch22" in that DH tweakers tell you not to install 3rd party IE tool bars and other junk programs, then here is DH recommending that you install it.

Zardon closed the thread! and that is bull shit!
    River~

2. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

somehow I see a short lifespan for this thread also :p

3. River

River -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

no doubt

just as soon as "he" gets back from his break you can bet it's gone too. and if you don't see any posts from me in the next 5 hours then you will know that he has kicked me out (again).

River~

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

change the title of the thread..... and it could possibly live.... aside from that.. River, you posted in the feedback... which you get an answer... if there is no site related issue... then it's usually locked or let go..... So it was kinda expected... but maybe you not asking the right questions? i mean.. maybe were not completely understanding the question at hand...

5. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

The thread in question for the rest of you...
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44749

Chill man...

It's just one of the many ways to help the site. Verry few are willing to click banners. People are even more unwilling to click tyhe donate buttion.

By useing the toolbar and surfing on dh you help get DH higer populairty rankings wich can help them get more money from advertisers. many that wont' click or donate many go a head and install the tool bar. Every little bit counts!

6. zerodamage

zerodamage New Member

You asked a question and we answered. Alexa Toolbar benefits DH so that we may stay in operation and help you and everyone else. There was no longer to keep open that thread.

The only place that I've seen here where we say remove all 3rd party add-ons is my Spyware Guide and I am referring to Spyware, not legitimate toolbars like Alexa that out very straight on what their toolbar does.

I am not going to close this thread because the flame warzone is here for you to complain and flame at will. I just do not see a reason for this thread at all for your questions were answered in the other thread.

7. SJae

SJae Banned

Doesn't Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Pest Patrol detect and destory Alexa as Spyware??

8. Dom

Dom New Member

DH doesn't force anybody to install the toolbar - if you don't want to - don't

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.