Thumb Up Roccatt Kave 5.1 + XFI XtremeGamer

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by elrasho, Nov 7, 2011.

1. elrasho

elrasho New Member

Hello all :)

I got the PAX drivers from this forum and wanted to share my experience. Picked up a set of Roccatt Kaves last week, spent most of the weekend configuring them with my XFI XtremeGamer to get the best sound in game. Now the XFI cards have three modes, Entertainment, Audio Production and Game mode. You would have thought Game mode would give the best result.... WRONG!

Here are my settings:

Entertainment Mode
    5.1 Mode
    Crystalizer ON 50%
    Bass 67%
    Treble 67%

On the Kave control pad set center and front to half way up and rear a bit higher. Sub should be close to the top.

Battlefield 3 sounds soooo much better! Gone is the hallow sounding bass and over exaggerated treble, the game sounds as it should. If the bass isn't enough for you, you can always set Bass Redirection Enabled - Crossover Freq. 70Hz, Sub Level 100% but I found it gets bassy.

p.s. funny how I got better sound by not using game mode lol

As for the Roccatt Kaves.... awesome headset for just £65! At first when I connected them up I found there was no bass and the sound was tinny. It wasn't until I started messing with the XFI settings until I unleashed the awesomeness of these headsets! The 5.1 surround sound works perfectly, some say 5.1 headsets are a gimmick... they are defiantly now. You just need to spend the time setting them up properly thats all. If your looking for a new headset I would defiantly recommend these :)