Titanium HD Problem Settings Reset to default after Reboot.

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by TheKid, Dec 9, 2011.

1. TheKid

TheKid New Member

Anyone else experiencing this?
    My settings won't seem to save... :duh:
    I'm using the Titanium HD Driver Suite, soundcard is Creative's Titanium HD, of course.

Running on Win 7 64bit.

Thanks in advanced guys. :)

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

How long ago you have freash os or check for error through on your drive?

3. TheKid

TheKid New Member

Thanks for getting back to me, I just reformatted 4 days ago...

I installed the drivers 2 days ago, it worked fine. Settings were all saving and now it doesnt, I just reinstalled the drivers, it still didn't know.

The only setting that is saving is the 'Detect Headphones' and Volume Knob.

Bass and Treble always resets back to 50%, so are the THX Studio Pro settings, I turn them on and they turn back off when I reboot my pc.

Any ideas?

4. TheKid

TheKid New Member

CTXFIREG.exe seems to be causing the problem, disabled it to run at start-up. Rebooted and ta-dah! Problem fixed.

Another question though, will disabling it cause any long-run/incompatibility problems?

TIA! :)

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

let me know I don't own T HD only T card.

6. TheKid

TheKid New Member

So far so good, no problems, settings are intact. :)

7. Random54

Random54 New Member

Having a similar issue although I have no CTXFIREG.exe starting up so I can't disable it.

Just installed these drivers after a fresh install of windows 7 64 bit. Basically every time I reboot I have to change my speakers to headphones. On the older creative console there is an option to select headphones, 2 speakers, 4 speakers, 5.1 etc. With the newer creative console I can't select anything. The only way to get it to switch to headphones is to select optimize speaker output for headphones. If I have that set to automatic then every time I switch headphones it reverts back to 2.1. If I have it set to manual then every time I reboot it reverts back to 2.1. Obviously the detection mechanism this version of the console / console launcher relies on is broken. Without the ability to force this to a drop down menu it gets really annoying. Keep in mind this card uses a headphone amplifier for this output. There is no way anything plugged into here should be speakers. If you want to use speakers with this card you should really be using the RCA outputs on the back.

I've used pax drivers in the past without ever having this issue so I thought I should report it. Generally speaking I really like your drivers so thanks and keep up the good work. If you need anymore info let me know.

*EDIT*

Fixed the problem. I installed creatives default beta drivers / console launcher and the problem still occured. Turns out it's an incompatibility with X-Fi Mode changers automatic speaker setting. When it tried to set the speakers to headphones at start up it ended up resetting them to the default setting which ironically happened to be 2.1 speakers.

Going back to your drivers now. Thanks again for all you do.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011