.TK constantly down?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Junkguy, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Junkguy

Junkguy PC Game Modder

.tk redirecting addresses are used by many people who want a short address that is as easy to remember as a .com, but don't want to pay for a domain. I use .tk for my main site, but for the last few weeks it has been constantly down most of the time. It works randomly for visitors, I think, because I still get hit counts and I can sometimes (rarely) access my site from the .tk address.

Is it just me, or is all .tk addresses down (aside from www.dot.tk)? And does anyone know of any alternatives for free, short, and professional-looking redirecting addresses or domain names?

2. Malus

Malus BSD SMASH!

Eh, their service is flaky. You're better off spending the $10 a year for a domain name, which really isn't that much anyway.

3. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

It's not just you, they've been acting up lately...

4. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

http://www.eu.org/

Using a CNAME seems to be the most basic, but to put one on your webspace, it would need to be subdomain based (still not 100% sure if that would actually work)

There's CJB.NET (subdomain based redirection), but the amount of crap with them has just got worse and worse - they really cannot be recommended at all!

5. vittle

vittle New Member

.info domains are FREE

check out domainsite.com!

6. Junkguy

Junkguy PC Game Modder

Info domains aren't free, it's $0.99! :lol: Quite cheap, actually.... $1 for a year subscription.

But the TK domain seems to work fine now, it's been working for quite a while.