Toca Race driver 3 & kx 3538j

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by wsnhid, Mar 16, 2006.

1. wsnhid

wsnhid New Member

Hi everyone;

I have a problem. I'm currently using kX driver version 3538j. When I run a game (ToCa Race Driver 3) in surround mode and best latency setting the sound is very strange. There isn't a bass. When car speds up the turbocharger sound is very unnormal. It is very noisy. there isn;t an engine sound, only turbocharger and very silent other sound.
    I have checked "Filter EAx.." in settings but without succes in sound of the game. In other games there isn't such a problem.

Please help and thanks in advance.

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Try lowering the hardware accleration to the basic acceleration setting, when playing the game (leave it set to full otherwise), and see if that helps.

Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Advanced Speaker Settings -> Performance Tab

3. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

disable hardware acceleration and EAX from within the game, see if that helps

also what soundcard are you using? if you are using an Audigy 2 with the Wave HQ device as your primary card, try using Wave 0/1 instead

4. wsnhid

wsnhid New Member

Lowering the hardware acceleration helps. Now he sound is great. Only games made by Codemasters sucks with sounds. Other games works very well.
    Tank you again.

BTW. I'm using Audigy 2 OEM (SB0240).