Tom Clancys Rainbow Six: Vegas .. wow!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by tEckniks, May 19, 2006.

1. tEckniks

tEckniks New Member

2. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

Well i am not a big fan of these kind of games
    but yes the graphics looks good :)

3. Partizan

Partizan Fun loving criminal

I am a long time Rainbow Six fan.

I was very dissapointed when I saw Lockdown and now this...

- Since when is Rainbow an american special unit? It looks like one
    - Since when do you assault close quarters with an MG???
    - Rainbow team members always wore masks.
    - 3rd person view?
    - Tactical shooter? From what I saw this will be an arcade game with some elements of tactics aimed at younger players.

There is one good point though. Graphics is impressive.

Where are the good old times when I played Rogue Spear?

Regards, Partizan

4. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I aggree with Partizan. Rainbow 6 has disgraced itself by converting it into an ultra "hip" action movie instead of keeping it as tacticle warfare. The whole point of the game in the begining was to illustrate how important that planning procedure and tacticle know-how you needed. Half the fun was making the plan and goin to spectator to see if your team could carry it out without your help.

I overplayed rogue spear. There was not enough sniping levels in it though cept that snow one was always fun. I've owned every single R6 game up through ravenshield. I refuse to buy any of these though until Ubi or redstorm learn that trendy is a bad idea.

5. MSX

MSX Burning the frozen...

You can lonewolf the previous games and play them like action games. I did it for fun sometimes. Mostly resulted in my death but when you take out the whole castle map with one guy and don't take a scratch its a trimuph.

Now its sort of meh. In lockdown I'd always just leave my team behind.

6. Cassiuss

Cassiuss New Member

Partizan you wrote exeactly what I wanted to write , they (developers, programmers etc. ) stop concentrating on a tactical aspect of games like Rainbows Six and Ghost recon, at the moment the most imprtant thing is a great graphic with nice effects and lots of action and action thath means go forward , don't think just shoot just straight arcade game (ok but call it fps not a tactical ) , tactic, strategy, A.I of your collegues/soldiers is the last point in their minds and then you have product like GRAW when your soldiers are all the time lost in the action and you have to almost finish every stage alone , for me at the moment last good tactical shooter is SWAT 4 (+ syndicate)

7. Sandok

Sandok New Member

The reason the games have become easier is because nobdy bought the tougher ones... I mean, I tried em and just got fed up with them even though I love simulations... I love GRAW and this Vegas looks bloody awesome! :D