Took a while... but I found one.

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by WyreTheWolf, May 17, 2003.

1. toddsmack2k

toddsmack2k It Never.....

Ahh.. Vamp the spirits also spoke a kind word for you whilst the sacrifice was blooming. Fret not neither of you, time may not be your freind but it is not your enemy either. The end result will be worth your journey of impatience.;)

2. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

I'll drink to that! :)

3. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

It's superior all right.

But in DX8 stuff, the basic 9500 is not superior by far. I hope the 9700 Conversion works for you :D :D

4. WyreTheWolf

WyreTheWolf Wolfish Bastard

Re: It's superior all right.

Actually a 9500 unmodded, and just overclocked blasted the 4200! ESPECIALLY when all the eye candy gets turned on ... want to slow a Geforce4 Ti 4200 (with a high overclock) down to the 10 - 20 FPS .... add 4X FSAA! That does it every time... The Radeon 9500 - 9800 do not take a massive imact when the FSAA, and the AF gets turned on.

5. choppy9er

choppy9er New Member

Took a while...but I found one

I have been reading everything I can on this,(I am waiting for mine red pcb L shaped config),but I dont know if it is going to have Hynix,Infinion or the ns on the memory.With what Ive read there is a 50% shot at success on the software mod.The most success has come with the Sapphire cards that have the 3.3ns memory.I havent seen anything about the true ATI cards(if there is any) I think the majority are made by Sapphire.Some of the cards come with the 3.6ns ram but those seem to be the earlier 64 meg cards.I think with any of the cards I would rather roll the dice with the one you ordered because if the mod works,you have the closest memory to the latter 9700 Pros with the Samsung 2.8ns.I wish you good luck,and please let us know the results.Choppy

6. Kgentatszu]

Kgentatszu] New Member

Re: Took a while...but I found one

for your information..........[SIZE=xx-large]That lucky bastard suceeded!!!!!!!! [/SIZE] he managed to mod to to over Radeon 9700pro clock speeds......ask him for further details...

7. choppy9er

choppy9er New Member

8. WyreTheWolf

WyreTheWolf Wolfish Bastard

look for a full write up in the next couple of days