took the plunge and got a 360

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Geminiwave, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Sandok

Sandok New Member

It would definately piss off the older Xbox 360 adopters... Like me :evil:

2. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

my 360 bricked today, went out and bought a new one, it's about a year old give or take, but i'll try and get my other replaced/repaired. I was gutted tho.

3. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

What happened? Did you get the lovely 3 red lights?

4. craig5320

Aye the lights of death, wouldn't budge, it's done it before but a reboot fixed it, not this time tho...

5. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

shyt...same as me...has happened to me twice but a reboot solved it...just hope it last a bit longer till the new xbox 360 revision is out..damn:x

6. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

Sounds like I should get the stores ESP with it.. as long as they exchange it on the spot. I'm hearing a lot of 'issues' like this..

7. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

MS extended all xbox 360's warranty to 1 year so you should be fine.

8. Rawr

Rawr New Member

I got myself an XBOX 360 too. Oh man it sure is fun! I'm playing on a Sony 60" @ 720p widescreen with 5.1 surround sound :duh: and NCAA 2007 looks so good and the game is so much fun! I've never played a game where the computer was that good. I've got Gears of War I've gotta get playing next.

I've also got the Nyko Intercooler which seems to be doing a fantastic job.

I'm alittle unsure of what rechargeable battery pack I should buy for this thing though. I've got two wireless controllers and I've got a feeling they are going to eat through batteries.

9. Sandok

Sandok New Member

About the Nyko cooler, be very careful, they have been "banned" if you will since they shortcut many Xbox's... They are being pulled from stores so ummm, I dunno I'd be careful!

As for the battery, I also got two wireless controllers and I bougt two lithium packs... Much better, no more AA batteries :D

10. Rawr

Rawr New Member

Hmm good to know about that cooler.. person at Best Buy said it was a "must buy and have if you play for long hours" I'll have to look around for the battery packs.. Nyko makes those too don't they?

11. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Honestly I run my Xbox for REALLY long periods with the stock cooling without any problems.. As for the battery, mine are official M$ ones, though Nyko make some too if my memory serves well (which it doesn't usually... :lol: )

12. craig5320

Just pick up the play and charge kit which comes with a MS battery, and then pick up a second ms battery, i just use one pad while the other charges and switch when the battery get's low. I would never recommend a 3rd party battery.

13. Rawr

Rawr New Member

Good to know, thanks guys.

14. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

Whats the word in that Nyko cooler, i seen en online awhile ago and was tellin friends with 360's bout them, i did however notice while at best buy befor christmas the cooler was hidden behind a game rack and was barley accessible, seem actualy it was meant to be inaccessable but i wiggled and was able to get one out. me and a friend looked it over and i put it back, im assuming it has to do with how the power plug is sort of a pass through type setup? i.e cooler plugs into 360 via power plug port, power cord plugs into cooler?

15. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

no MS makes their own battery packs. and they're NiMH btw. not lithium. lol not that it matters :D

but anyway I have it hooked up to my monitor with the VGA. looks tons better than it does on my TV. Allan has the dell monitors right? I wouldn't run component through them since they tend to mess component up (least thats what I've heard from hardOCP and they do tend to know their LCDs) I dunno I'm happy with my current setup. it just gets a bit warm under the desk since I have a rather hot running OCed opteron and now the 360 right by my legs.

16. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

theres USB ports in the back of the 360 yes? no? yes?

why not power the cooler off them eh? and then put another port or 2 in the back of the cooler so you dont lose functionality.

17. Pluvious

Pluvious Elisha = hottie

I'm going to the store today and buying a 360 with a few games. Time to JUMP IN.

18. Rawr

Rawr New Member

I've been reading some reviews on the cooler and the majority seems to be rating it at 8 / 10. Not that I've doubted anyone on these forums but I was wanting to see if any review sites had any problems and one mentioned something about a bad batch of Nyko coolers but seemed that Nyko fixed the problem. It seems the reasoning for the 8 / 10 is the noise..but well it's 3 fans pulling heat out of the XBOX so I'm not surprised at the noise level.

I think my next game purchase will be PGR 3..seems to be popular around here.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  19. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Well I dunno maybe the USB ports can't transfer enough power? Anyways, honestly with the newer consoles (with the Samsung DVD drive), overheating is almost unheard of... Geminiwave, trust me, get a new one while your warrenty exists :D

Be sure to get tell us your gamertag mate :D We all must have a GoW tournie or something :D or dunno but something! :D

20. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Geminiwave I strongly suggest to not have your 360 anywhere where it can't get enough air. Leave at least 25cm of breathing air around it from all sides. Well, ok, not all sides, it has to sit somewhere.

I noticed that I do have the Samsung drive, perhaps that is why my 360 doesn't heat almost at all.

PGR3, I love this game, I play it all the time, if you get gold membership on Live, try it some online too, you will get your ass kicked at first, but it sure is fun.