Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818 XP drivers here!

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by ukmex, Jan 22, 2008.

1. CostinT

CostinT New Member

I hope those drivers will help me

2. athena2106

athena2106 New Member

Hi, I've installed win xp in toshiba a215-s5822, but i cann't not find wifi driver, I saw that you installed successfully that, can you help me. Thanks a lot.

3. Btadd

Btadd New Member

Hey guys, this is my first post. I have gotten the drivers you all have posted. Thank you!

I just have one question. When I go to manulay select the driver in install its lets me select the file but it does not install anything... If anyone can help me with this problem I would appreciate it!

BTadd

4. finfinder

finfinder New Member

One thing I did to find some of my drivers, download the ones from tos, unzip them, read the .inf for the specific model #'s, go to manufactureres web sites for most, wifi, synaptics, nic, hd audio...
    Omega, at this site, created an ati video install package as well as an nvidia package. It works swimmingly. You could try a google search "Omega video drivers"

With wifi had to install 4 or 5 times, had it a little incorrect during the manual driver install, I wasn't digging down to the containing folder, just the parent folder.

Hopefully this method will help you discover the model #'s for hte things you need.
    For bios, some people over @ insanelymac forums showed some disassembly methods to load the bios, say if you want to go backwards. It involves winace and one or two others. By stepping through the istaller you could extract the bios flash utility and the .bin .rom or whatever. Pretty cool.

5. tmmug1

tmmug1 New Member

Toshiba A215-S5818 Windows XP Multimedia Black Keys (SOLVED!)

:D Greetings fellow S5818 XP users. Thank you all for your input for all your help with the driver collection for XP as i'm running it to on my Toshiba A125-S5818 and it's FAST:drool:. I would like to tell you how i solved the multimedia keys problem.

If you have all installed the common module and others that were noted in the other pages download TOSHIBA Assist (assist-ppm41-xp-tbe-10300-en). This u can set the WEB BUTTON and MEDIA BUTTON by selecting them in the first 2 options when u run the program. Ignore the others.

When that is done download TOSHIBA controls_24775B and install. This will activate the PLAY/PAUSE, STOP, PREVIOUS, NEXT BUTTONS. To make sure it works and starts up with windows go to START--RUN and type MSCONFIG. In the STARTUP TAB scroll and check if TFncKy has been ticked. If not please tick it to enable it to load at startup..

There u go fellow TOSHIBA users.. If need more help please feel free to leave a note..

THERE YOU ALL GO... :cool:

6. aagusti

aagusti New Member

Thank you

Just wanted to post a big THANKS out there. These drivers worked on a Toshiba Satellite A215-S5848 that I downgraded to XP for a friend. I was getting very frustrated until I finally found this post. So thanks for putting the work in on this.

7. geetha_bgs

geetha_bgs New Member

Thanks. You saved me 6 hours.

8. Sll4sh

Sll4sh New Member

here´s wifi atheros XP! drivers for Toshiba satellite a215 - s5822 :D

Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/154602793/toshiba_satellite_a215-s5822_wifi_driver.rar.html

9. flekesta22

flekesta22 New Member

my thanks to everyone for all their hard work. This thread saved me tons of time. This is my first visit to driverheaven, and its great. Thanks again.

10. Zee Go

Zee Go New Member

Thanks a bunch for this! I had been trying to get the drivers working on XP for the A215-S5815 for quite a while.

Kudos to you.

11. vrussell

vrussell New Member

You are so great!
    :lol:
    I kicked out the Vista on my A215-S5818 and installed XP on it this morning. I spent one hour on find the video card driver, but could't find anything useful. Then I found your post!

Thanks a lot !!

12. ikhsanstan

ikhsanstan New Member

thanx for da threads man, it help me a lot:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

13. nirbhay_ag

nirbhay_ag New Member

Re: Got them all working

really helpful man.. thanks a lot.

14. kalpan

kalpan New Member

hi..
    i am really facing a problm with my toshiba A215-S5818 audio is not working.. i have changed from vista to xp it seems that Audio device on high definition audio bus.. not working properly.. can any one help me plz..

15. MAB494

MAB494 New Member

Hello everybody,
    Hope you are all cool!!!
    I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818 laptop with vista on it; but I hate vista, so i have installed XP PRO instead. Any help with the drivers for this model will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    MAB494
    :tears:

16. MAB494

MAB494 New Member

Hi there,
    were you able to download some of the drivers? If yes, could you send me a link.
    Cheers
    MAB494

17. Gravve

Gravve New Member

I'm having this same issue. I'm currently using an A215-S4697 model.

I'm only wish to turn the brightness of my monitor up. >.<

I'll keep checking back.

18. tmmug1

tmmug1 New Member

Greeting Kalpan.

As I have tested there a few problems with the HD Audio Driver for S5818 especially on MCE. I think the problem you have been having in audio failing to load on a reboot or re-start. If that is correct try and look for WDM_R184 (Realtek HD Audio Driver - XP). Give it a try and you can update us here is all went well.

Thanks.

19. MAB494

MAB494 New Member

Hi guys, got the drivers for Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818. The laptop is now working perfectly. Thanks so much for your help.

MAB494:)

20. LilithFier

LilithFier New Member

Re: Got them all working

Does anybody have the Power Saver one? that page is gone now, and I really need that. Thanks!!!!