Toshiba Satellite Pro450 L wireless connection failure

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by yameste, Nov 18, 2010.

1. yameste

yameste New Member

Hi
    I bought the above mentioned machine in April and within 3 weeks the wireless connection to the internet stopped working completely. I returned the laptop to ebuyer immediately. And they sent me a brand new laptop.
    6 months later and the wireless connection stopped working once again. I sent a letter to ebuyer using recorded delivery and they have ignored me.
    I have troubleshooted the issue by doing the following

1. Updated the Toshiba drivers on the laptop to the latest available
    2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek wireless connectivity driver
    3. Restarted the wireless router
    4. Iphone connects to the same network with no problems
    5. Laptop has the latest Windows updates
    6. Updated Toshiba Tempo, Bios and registry patches

has anyone else had these problems with the laptop model I have ?

2. paddygman

paddygman New Member

Does windows detect the wireless card or not? If we drop down a few levels we could possibly see what the issue is. And if required, we could use something like a linux os to give more detailed output on whether the card is detected correctly, what signal strengths it receiving in comparison to another card.
    Also, as a tempoary check, maybe get hold of a pcmcia card to see if its an issue with the wireless components of windows (or are you using an asus provided App).
    Another thing to try would be to grab a Ubuntu cd or similar, boot from the bootable cd and then check if it works under the linux os. It can rule it out as a windows issue and point more defineately towards hardware.

Apologies for the randomness of the reply, I'm just dumped what was floating through my mind as i typed. Enjoy.

3. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

easy way to see in windows, go to device manager, network adapters. does it appear there?