(Tutorial) How To Rip A DVD Using Gordian Knot

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by GigaWatt, Aug 28, 2009.

1. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

I've seen so many bad DVD rips, that i decided to write a tutorial on how to properly rip a DVD movie with the Gordian Knot Rip Pack. Most of the people are afraid of it because of all the detailed options that the program has, but after you get the hang of it, it's really quite easy ;). This tutorial will help you to grasp how the program works and at the same time learn some of the basics of how the encoding process works ;). It's a pretty detailed tutorial, so don't worry, the chances of straying from the goal are quite slim. The tutorial is written in .pdf fromat, so you would need to have some sort of a .pdf reader in order to view it.

Any suggestions on how to improve the tutorial would be more than welcome ;). If i have the time to improve it...

Download Link: http://www.box.net/shared/dl5xj2iclo

PS: I misspelled the movie in the Example, the name of the movie is "Shooter", not "Shooters". Sorry... ;)

NOTE: The knowledge you may gain from this tutorial is meant for PERSONAL USE ONLY. The author of this tutorial will not be held responsible if any of the knowledge gained from this tutorial is used for any illegal activities, such as encoding, copying and redistribution (via any kind of medium, including the internet) of copyrighted material.

EDIT: Needed to repair some minor spelling errors, so I changed the download link.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    comp_ali likes this.
  2. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Ty :) downloading now.

Edit : just had a quick look at the file, it looks very impressive. Good job man .

Plus rep for ya.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  3. GigaWatt

GigaWatt Now In Color :D

thanks... ;)... will try to improve it in the future, if there is a 1.1 version of it... LOL :D

yeiiiiiiiii... :D :D :D ;)

4. luluhaha

luluhaha New Member

I recently download some DVD Ripper software, I think they are relatively easy to operate, such as, TOP DVD Ripper Standard, Rocking DVD Ripper, and others. which is to be choose is up to you, they have different functions expect the main function of ripping, you can preview, cut video, or add watermark, etc.,generally, the tutorial on the website is clear to understand.
    hope you can choose the one you like.:taste: