TV/HD to mp4 file -> streamed?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by MiDri, Jun 14, 2007.

1. MiDri

MiDri New Member

Alright, hard to describe in the title so here goes.

I need to find a capture card that is capable of capturing strait to mp4. Now comes the hard part, I need software that is capable of writing to a file whilst easing the file... Basicly streaming through a file.

My system is set up so my 360 can pull movies (mp4) off my media pc and I am looking for a way that I can run the TV through the pc and get it on 360 (Media Center is not an option, don't have it nor does it support mp4) I would like to have all the advantages of 360 whilst watching tv (IM, Buddy List updates, Download Updates, etc) If any one has any ideas please let me know. So far I have not been able to find what I am looking for.

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

you are looking for normal TV resolution or HDTV resolution? Since data speeds are high and I think that you can't have normal TV streaming to file and same time read it. Since the hard drive can't handle the speed ... Since DV-video capture writes stream video to a file and if the hard drive is accessed the same time you will have dropped frames and that's not good..

btw. this thread should be audio/video forum I think...

3. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Wouldn't a small flatscreen monitor, be cheaper and easier. Then you can watch your tv and keep the xbox on. Just a thought.

4. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Thanks to WhO_KnOwS for moving this thread.

I agree with Lelisevis small flatscreen monitor would be easier and cheaper solution to this issue. :)

5. MiDri

MiDri New Member

Geting a new screen would be totaly pointless... My whole point of this is to get this all running on my 32" HD tv that the 360 is connected to.