Tv Input (Line In) 2.0 > 5.1 System Ac3 Passthru

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by ambrish, Sep 14, 2004.

1. ambrish

ambrish New Member

[UPDATED] Line In 2.0 > 5.1 Output, PrologicA

Hi there,
    been using the KX Drivers for quite a long time (Keep up the goodwork btw), first time i've posted on the forums tho =)

I've got a Sb0220 with the Line In (Ac97) input used for my Sky Digital box, it allows the tv audio to go into the sound card. I've been using the surrounder to expand the 2 channels into 5.1 for my Altec lansing ADA-995 System..

However the rear channels just dont sound like surround speakers, they seem to just echo everything from the front speakers but just a bit toned down in volume, and the sound coming out of the rears sounds more crisper than the fronts.

I've tried Using the Ac3Passthru inbetween the prolog Ac97 L+R to the Xrouting, but all that does is makes the Linein volume a bit louder.

Is there anything i can do in the DSP to make the sound from the rears seem more surround like?

For Example some how Routing the Linein into a Ac3filter? my mp3s sound pretty good using the ac3filter to make the 2 channels in to 6 channels...
    Can this be done for the Linein?

Cheers
    Ambro

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  2. ambrish

ambrish New Member

ok got the prologica working by removing the reverb plugin which took a lot of the itram memory...

the surround sounds a lot better with Prologica voice is cut out and only surround effects are let through =)

any one else got any other ideas on how to make the surround better?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  3. ambrish

ambrish New Member

got it working! thought i'd show you a picture of my dsp how its setup in case any one else wants to change their Linein to 5.1

http://www.new-dawn.org/ambro/kxdsp.jpg

Steps to doing this..
    Remove Chrous and Reverb plugins (Dont see any problems doing this)
    Add the prologica plugin and route the Ac97 linein to the left and right...
    use the outputs of prologica to the xrouting plugin

L > FX2_L
    R > FX2_R
    Ls > FX2_sL
    Rs > FX2_sR
    C > FX1_N

that sorts out all the voice connections but to get the subwoofer to work properly you need to create a lfe channel your self...
    you can do this by Routing one channel from the Linein into a Mono Mixer and routing your existing Lfe from the surrounder to the other channel (tweak them both, left and right channels to 100%) Allows the Linein and the Wave to use the subwoofer channel together otherwise one will not be able to output proper bass..

then using the Freq Splitter to remove all frequencies above 160hz or what ever you use for your subwoofer... and send the output of that to Spdif1 Right and Analog Subwoofer in the epilog...

and thats it...
    a lot better surround sound for movies and music!

Ambro