TV Wonder VE + Win XP x64

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Mazuko, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

I can't seem to get the video capture device driver loaded. I can install all the software in the world (as everyone says to try this and that etc. etc.) but I simply can not get the damn drives installed for this card on x64 edition.

I know there is not a x64 driver available, but everywhere I look it's telling me it doesn't matter. However when I do install the drivers the hardware still shows up as undetected by any of the applications I attempt to use.

Is ATI even working on porting anything TV card related to x64? Or will I be forced to revert back to standard XP Pro so that I am even remotely able to use my TV tuner card?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: A TV player is not the issue as I have gotten several to install properly and to function (just not the TV part). The problem is I can not seem to install the hardware device drivers.

2. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

If the drivers don't work on x64 then its likely AiW drivers haven't been written for it but thats decidedly odd since AFAIK the Catalyst suite is unified and has all the drivers for everything in it... I'd have thought AiW's included because in the standard Catalyst suite WDM's are included

3. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

I'm not using an AiW I am using a TV Wonder-VE which is a seperate PCI card from my 9800 XT.

4. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

There should still be a driver setup for it on ATI's website

5. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

There is for XP Pro. Not for XP Pro x64. The fact I am running x64 is preventing the drivers from being installed. In otherwords the Multimedia Controller, and Multimedia Video Controller drivers can not be installed to the best of my knowledge on the x64 platform.

6. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

THen you'll have to switch back to XP Pro if you want to use it I guess.

I'd contact ATI.