TVoD Fix and get 480i Back on TV

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by ROBSCIX, May 22, 2006.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

The TV on Demand Fix and how to get 480i Back on TV

How to turn off TV on demand on Analog TV And get 480i back on analog TV

open the registry: Start->regedit

Go to this location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI Technologies\MultiMedia\Features\DTV\Channel Manager

give the key "LiveMode" the value "1"

This forces MMC to go into Live Mode and turns off Auto TV on Demand

If your not used to using regedit, then don't try it, I know it works but I don't want to be responsible for any trouble from not following instructions.

THX to dolimite35

This fixed a Audio Video sync issue for me...
    I hope this helps people out that rae having this issue or just don't want TVoD on all the time. If you don't do this fix for some reason your MMC will say 240i I think, I am not sure why, I think it has something to do with the recording preset..etc. After you do this fix you have normal 480i back.
    Just reverse the procedure if you want it to start recording again...

If this helps you out let me know..

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  2. serverlag

serverlag New Member

helped me a ton; I now have 576i (up from 288i; region Germany cable) and it doesn't record anymore, yippee -

still I get this strange open lock-symbol in the upper right corner of the display as soon as I only touch the remote control and i cannot switch between full-screen and windowed mode (eazylook says "Auto" something and the full screen symbol ?!) - so if anyone has an idea about these little nuisances... ill gladly hear it

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Did you install the Parental encoder? etc..this little piec of software messes things up big time..so remove it. I think you did install it, that's why your seeing the lock.

4. serverlag

serverlag New Member

is there a reason why ati made this piece of software a mandatory download?
    it really messed up my setup, but there are many ??? as to the idea behind why ati is designing their mmc suite this way and do not have a more, lets say, sensible approach...

thx alot for the pointer, it works with np now, but it took a heluva long time to configure properly...

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

@serverlag, even though they say it's mandatory..you don't need to install it. I nver did/do and my MMC config works great. Your right it takes a long time to get it configured properly once it is thought it's fine atleast it is on my rig. ATI has to turn off or give us a software switch to turn off the TVoD. I poersonanly don't want it running all the time and it causes alot of issues mad my A/V lose sync and others who have systems with alot more power than mine. So the parental encoder does not need to be installed...

6. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

90% of what is "manditory" in the software world really isn't

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Tell me about it, Part of knowing drivers and software is knowing hwo to get away with putting in the least amount of code as possible..or so I've been told..lol

8. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Actually that's poor programming practice. Its better to get the processing efficiency and memory usage without sacrificing usability

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

NO I don't mean code in that since , I mean most of us don't install things unless they Directly aid something we are doing. Consider ATI tells you to install something that most of us will never use. That I would never install..that's what I mean...Streamlined systems.

10. serverlag

serverlag New Member

it certainly gets quite painstaking to find out what is mandatory and what is not - especially with ATI TV drivers and software... i started out only wanting to watch TV with my AIW only to find out that what I really wanna know is HOW everything works and interacts just so I can work around those bugs that seem to put be in place almost intentionally...lol

i'm a happy AIW TV watcher now though (almost: my sound is now all mono and i have no clue why, with an audigy LS), so everything worked out fine, only with about ten times the time spent than initially planned.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Glad it worked out for you, sound like you need a Driver reinstall for your Audigy LS

12. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

If you mod your LS drivers to Audigy 4 CMSS makes it all better

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

I don't think you can mod a Audigy LS to a Audigy 4..the Audigy LS doesn't contain the 10KX chipset. Which is what makes the modding possible. AFAIK.

14. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Its just the software package, the driver remains the same

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

I don't think so man. The whole card is different. Now guys can mod A1's A2, even a Live! to a Audigy 4 I use Audigy 4 apps on mine sometimes, but AFAIK none of these work on the Audigy LS becuase it uses a different chipset like the AUdigy SE, or the Live 24 bit..all the same thing..Strabge chipsets not from the 10KX line so the drivers or the software apps from the A4 wouldn't work...AFAIK.

16. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Theres nothing specific about the cards DSP except that it doesn't offload as much to the CPU and theres slightly better quality... mainly thats the difference, that and you pay more for a software app

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

OK, Most Creative based cards use the 10KX chipset. This is a DSP processor that gives us all the nice EAX effects and is the whole FX engine of the sound card. You can mod a Audigy 2 to a Audigy 4 because for all intents and purposes it is the SAME card. BUT if you try and mod a Audigy LS to a audigy 4 it won't work because the Audigy LS doesn't use the 10KX chipset. The Audigy LS is generally avoided by audio guys because of this fact. Same thing with the Augiy SE and the Live! 24 bit. We are talking about the Audigy LS correct?
    PS this is why you cannot use KX driver on any of these cards aswell...

18. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Maybe I was thinking of the Audigy 2 ZS...there hasn't been an Audigy 1 since like... 2001?

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Yeah, the Audigy LS or the SE or the SB Live 24 bit are weird cards in that the differ from every other Creative card out there. I generally tell people to avoid all those models...All the audigy 2/4's are pretty much the same cards as with the A1's. Hope that helps.

20. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Yeah 2/4 just have better DAC's